Hard making new friends in Stuttgart

Does anyone else find it hard to make friends in Stuttgart? I am an expat and would like to meet new people and make friends but somehow I've not been successful. I like going out, having good conversations, having a good time and i think i am sociable :-). But i still cant figure out what i am doing wrong. Maybe there are people here who have the same feeling as me? Would like to hear your take on the issue.Anyone intrested in making friends i will be willing to take a chance on them :-).

Thanks.

Do you speak German? Where have you tried to interact with people?

Ja i speak fluent german.

Please, there is no need to keep on posting the same question in a new thread more than once. You have posted 5 times now. Please wait for someone to respond to this question.

FYI: Your other posts have been removed.

Yeah sorry.. Wanted to delete this one and somehow i couldn't, that's why i posted the other thinking it will appear at the top and then realized it appeared at the bottom. Ofcourse i would wait for a response, it was just a misunderstanding :-)

Hi Shiroh,

Stuttgart (where I also live) is a very cosmopolitan place with many multicultuiral options that you could try.
Check Internations to meet young and hip people at "in" places, Facebook and Meetup for groups of like-minded people for your specific interests and hobbies. Or join a "Volkshochschule" class or sports club, or volunteer for a good cause to find activities and people.
In addition, summer (now!) gives you more festivals of any kind than you can ever visit. You just missed the "Sommerfest der Kulturen" of all Stuttgart migrant associations (check the "Forum der Kulturen" webpage to find one of your countrymen!), but there are others coming, including several African festivals (check the free magazine "INterkultur" to find them).
As to making friends: We Germans are more reserved and cautious in social matters than many other mentalities, so you need to go slow and be patient with us. Too open approaches (e.g. self-declared "instant friends") are off-putting to us and will achieve the opposite of what you want.
Good luck!

I cannot say often enough - if you are looking to make connections with friendly Germans, volunteer, volunteer, volunteer! I lived here for more than 3 years without making more than one friend (which was also fine with me), but I had acquaintances and friends I'd made before I moved here. As soon as I started volunteering (first with Lebenshilfe - an organization that assists people with disabilities, then with the Freundeskreis Asyl in my town), I got to know more and more genuine, kind, and friendly people.  Join a club (Verein)! I'm pretty sure there is a Verein for everyone and every possible interest. I just googled "Vereine Stuttgart and found a site where most are listed by topic and area. There are too many to count.

I also echo Beppi's idea to take a class in something that interests you. I met my friend at a cooking class, we exchanged emails so I could send her some of the photos I took, and she became my language partner. She's my parents' age! Don't rule out getting to know people outside your age group.

In Germany and much of Europe people tend to make friends at work, school or activities. Randomly meeting people in a bar or simply on the street is not as common. There are so many clubs; for all kinds of sports, books, chess etc. Look at the Stuttgart Sport in Park program, free sports meetings. Otherwise, there are lots of independent sports clubs or ones through the University, some of which accept non students and are inexpensive.