Do I have a say, husband's second wife.

Hello, my husband and I have been married for over 6 years we are both American. But we are not legally married only Islamicly. A couple of days after my husband received his passport he left for Morocco to join his friend (who was already there visiting) and to see the sites, at least that's what he told me. Three days into his trip he tells me that he has taken another wife. As you can imagine I am very upset about this and he is using so much money to travel to Morocco multiple times this year. He's not legally married to her yet but he is in the process of doing so. He may actually run into some problems legally marrying her once he saw the list of requirements. I have been told he can not take a second wife in Morocco without the first wife's permission but do I have say being I am not legally married to my husband?

Hi
If you have a marriage certificate from the mosque that you both signed, two witnesses and fkih that's means your marriage is legal in Morocco, so your husband will need your authorization for sure without that he can't get married.

To be more secure, you can go to the moroccan embassy and report that in a written letter saying that you don't give authorization to your husband and you insist on sending this letter to the ministry of exterior and get from them a stamped copy from the embassy this step if you don't want him to get married
for sure this second woman is interested in getting residence in your country many girls do that you should be carful and don't give him any authorization
May allah help you

Sorry to not be able to give you legal info but as tousou states he should get permission from first wife, this is a situation that angers me very much about men in certain countries who treat their wives in this way just cause they think they can. They have no consideration whatsoever to the first wife. Where is the respect towards her ? He never even had the decency to inform you of his plans. He obviously had this planned before he even went to morocco. I would never be a second wife, if my husband did this to me I would immediately divorce him. He is not worthy of you good luck.

Thank you so much for the support and the information.

Islam allows a man to marry more than one, but his permission conditional on justice between wives, financial and physical ability, and not be the second at the expense of the first in the maintenance and housing and other rights of the wife to her husband,

Marriage of a husband with a second wife is not a justification for a woman to request a divorce but,,she can if...
if she was damaged by the injustice of her husband meaning if he started favoring the second even with the smallest amounts in anything of her rights ,
or he was unable to do his rights to his  first wife due to his second wife .
or this husband is characterized by corruption and immorality and loss of duties,

The law gives the right to a wife whose husband has married over her  to seek divorce from him if she is harmed. , the wife  may request divorce if she suffers a material or mental harm that will make their marriage impossible to continue.

finally ,my advice will be to seek muslim scholars , certified imams, near you and ask them for advice ,
also get in touch with any muslim association that deal with legal issues for muslims esecially muslim women associations.
inshallah the problem will be solved sister.

I would refuse to be with him. I would not stay with a man who wants another woman. End of