Pet friendly home

Hi guys

I know finding ANY home is quite a challenge at the moment but to date I have not found a single house that says pet friendly on Daft or rent.ie...maybe because there are 99.9% agent advertisements.  Do landlords advertise privately somewhere else or are there just absolutely no pet lovers in Ireland.  Looking anywhere that I can commute to Cork City.  Would appreciate advise.

Welcome to the Forum :)

It can be difficult in finding a place that accepts pets, generally, find a place that you like the look of. If it doesn't say anything about pets you might be in for a chance. It also depends on the animal. If you are honest and upfront it might be OK.

What animal(s) do you have?

I have an ooold cat, she is 18 and many people have said I should leave have her put down...NEVER going to happen, she will live out her days with me,  lovely lady...mostly sleeps all day.  a tiny yorkie and a old maltese poodle.  All spayed.  I have excellent references from my previous landlords - 1 I rented from for 10 years and the current 1 for 4 years that can attest to the fact that my dogs don't dig, scratch or bark (unless someone is at my door or in the yard)

I am only set to move end May next year but already having sleepless nights about finding a place :-(  more so than finding a job.  Have Irish passport so luckily no permit issues.

Well, you have ticked all the right boxes, good that you have references. No need to have sleepless nights just yet, but you are going about it the right way to be looking now.

Even without pets, you would not believe the number of people start looking for accommodation now and expecting to find somewhere by the time they move at the beginning of next month, this is just an example but they generally expect to find somewhere in a month.

Just one more thing, good you are not ending the life of your old lady, how dare people suggest that. She is part of the family  :heart: (Yes, I am a cat lover too)

Well, my suggestion is that you contact as many agents as possible tell them what you have just said and for them to make a note of your arrangements so they have you on file. You may wish to list what you would like too.

Ground floor flat? 1 or 2 bedroom?
1, 2 or 3 bedroom house?
Near to shops?
Distance from work?

I am sure you get the picture.

Well, I wish you all the best and luck.

Feel free to come back and ask any other questions you may have.

SimCityAT
Expat Team

Oh at the top of the page, >Handy Tools<>Expat Guide< you will find useful tips on moving to Ireland.