Looking to open new business in Albania

I am thinking of starting an expat magazine in Tirana the spreading around Albania.
I am looking for some information if any one can help.
1) How many English speaking expats are roughly in Tirana?
2) Are there any such magazines existing already?

I am looking to advertise in the magazine places to go IE restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Hotels, along with stories that are happening around the world and distribute the magazine once a month around the hotels etc etc.

Can any one answer my questions be much appreciated and any suggestions on this idea weather is good or bad? 

Thanks

Hi jeza30,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to give you information.

Wish you good luck
Christine

Hi Jeza30. i am flying from toronto, canada to albania on the 15th of june and will live there from then on. i will be able to help you, once i be there. the very best of luck in the new venture.

kind regards,
bianca

Hi Bianca
That would be great i am going to Tirana-Durres in July for 10 days for a holiday but before i go i would like to know what sort of magazines if any like this exist so while i am there i may be able to start on a few things.
Good luck being there what will you be doing?
Thanks

Hi there Jeza30.
i haven't decided yet what i want to do there, but most likely i will find a job in Tirana city and get involved in the family business and probably open a new venture as well.i will see when i get there. i haven't visited albania since i left in 1998. i have all my family there, though.
as for the magazine business you are looking for, i am not very aware of what is in there yet, but below are two sites i found while navigating.
http://inyourpocket.com/albania/tiranahttp://www.internations.org/forum/local

you will find an address of someone who from my understanding is an American ambasador there.

enjoy the week:)
bianca

Can anybody tell me where can i find water meter buyers there in Albania? tks a lot!

[Modéré: Pas de pub gratuite sur le forum]

Am also interesting to invest in same field,Am a consultant base in Paris but at moment am here in U.A.E.If you are seroise we can set up good project and see what we can do.my email is [email protected]
  Thanks

Hello, this is Suzane from Tirana, Albania. Most of people (young) speaks English, Italian, (also French, Spanish, Greek,) ta the hotels, bars, restaurants, 90% of people speaks Enlish (may they dont speak fluently but all of them understand and speak well).
all the best

this is a topic under UKT institution (I think is under government control)

Hi Suzane,

Thank you for your contribution, but please note that this thread is quite old, and creating a new topic with these information might surely help. :)

Thank you,

David.

Well, anyone interested for local suppprt or guide....drop me a line for introduction.....and see if we could be usefull to each others.

See you then, a.a.t.

Hi astro alban,

It would be more useful if you could participate by answering questions and giving advices to members on the forum ;)

Thank you,
Christine

Hi there christine! i am not very familiar here...but you already have my contacts...so drop me line..from time to time....thnx astro

astro alban wrote:

Hi there christine! i am not very familiar here...but you already have my contacts...so drop me line..from time to time....thnx astro

Are you looking to start a business or wast. Please give members some more information about what you are seeking then they can make an informed decision about contacting you.

Please note that Christine is a member of the team of administrators on this forum.

Hello,

it is a good idea to realize something like this and there is not much information about other regions. It is one magazine called "Celesi" in Albanian language or "Key" in English. I think this magazine is in both languages: English and Albanian. But no other magazine gives detailed Information. It would be awsome if you realize your plan. If You need someone for the translation or someone who could work with You don't forget me. My e-mail adress is given in my profile.