Immigrant visa to USA for husband

Okay so I've been looking around for some answers but I have reached a dead end. Please excuse me if this has been answered before.
I am an American citizen and I married an Egyptian last year. I am trying to start filing for his immigrant visa but I just seem to be getting the run about. I've been to the American Embassy here and they told me the first step is to file a petition online. However, online it says to go to a USCIS office and there isn't a USCIS office in Egypt.
Is there a way to do this all online that I am unaware of? Am I supposed to send these important papers from Egypt to the USA and just pray that they receive it?
Has anyone been in the same boat and can shed some light? This is honestly very frustrating and it's only just the first step.
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.
-Deena

Hi yes you can file online but it will have to be printed out and mailed to the US. You will need to fill out the i130 petition for your spouse and I went on the website and paid for the site to help me with this. once i completed the forms I printed out the packet and mailed it. You will need two passport pictures of yourself and husband and also two witnesses who know about your marriage to write a letter and be notarized and also you will need the payment to file this paperwork which is $535 us dollars. once they receive they packet with all the correct info the process for approval could take 8 to 10 months, at that time they will contact you to let you know they are sending the information to the visa processing center and then i believe they will contact you again to set him up with an interview with the US embassy for a visa. Im still going through the process myself i filed for it in December of 2017 but im also in the united states i did not stay and live in Egypt.