Moving to Greece looking for advices

Hello everyone, my name is Sonia, I am currently living in a seaside town half an hour from Rome in Italy. I love Greece so much its culture, the hospitable and generous people, the landscapes and all the rest. I've been to Greece several times, even if always in the islands, I was in Crete for two months that I loved very much. I would like to try to move and even if many people say that Greece is not the right country for the situation in place, I have a special feeling inside for this land. I would like to try and stay there for six months and then simply evaluate if it suits me. I would have this adventure with a friend who shares the same passion for Greece. We would not have any problems with job because we both work on the internet so we just need a Wi-Fi and a laptop.
Obviously not maybe on an island because the jump would probably be too big especially for winter. we would like a city not as huge as Athens, a town that also offers winter activities and a few more opportunities than the islands. Once there we will study Greek; we speak very good English and Italian of course. I have heard very well about the Peloponnese and I write here to ask if anyone has any advice, for example Kalamata could be a good solution? Not too small and close to other towns in addition to Athens just over two hours.
Thanks if anyone wants to answer
greetings from Rome 🤗😊
Sonia

Hi my name is Sue.  I am an american living in Kalamata, been here for 5 months and really like it.  But finding a rental is difficult.  I got very lucky because i rented an Air bnb and they had an apartment become available for a permanent rental.  Have a friend who has struggled with this process.  But I could help you out if you like.  If you have a car renting is much easier.  Let me know if this helps or if you have more questions

Me and my wife are South Africans living in Larissa for the last 5 years. I can recommend it since it is in the middle of the country, has all the positives of the big city without the negatives. Close to beaches and an all round enjoyable place to be. Check it out on Google.