Dependent pass - need urgent advice

Hi forum, I am a professional working in singapore on EP. I had applied for my wife's dependent pass and booked tickets for her after two weeks of application (as generally it takes max two weeks for dependant pass to get approved). But the dates of travel are closer now and her application status still shows pending. Has anyone experinced when dependent pass approval takes longer time? Any reasons?

Thanks a lot,
Arvind

Hello,

I have not really any experience on the delay you're having with the dependent pass but I would say maybe it's because these days it's quite tricky as the singapore elections are getting closer.

Anyway, you can check about a simple tourist visa that will authorize your wife to stay a little while. I don't know how long it depends on the nationality I guess.

My boyfriend is staying here without a dependent pass as we are not married. And he's still on a tourist visa ! Because, again, depending on your nationality, you can leave the country (a lunch in Malaysia, very quick and close) and come back with a new tourist visa. It is renewable.

Hope that helps ! So, no worries she can still take aher plane and stay as a visitor untill she receives her approval.

Just check the immigration conditions for your wife's nationality.