Considering a move from NYC to RIO

Hi all:

I've had enough of the USA and considering a move to RIO.  Any help is greatly appreciated, especially if you know anything about the entertainment industry in Brazil!

thanks all!
john

Hi and welcome on the forum John! :)

Maybe you could be a little more precise. What is your job about?

Regards
Armand

Hey John,

I recommend coming with savings because getting a decent paying job is not easy, especially if you aren't legal.

What kind of work are you looking for?

sorry for the delayed response, guys.  I work on a big tv show here in the USA doing publicity, although am considering a career change.
J

brazilians are super creative and artistic/musical. i moved from nyc to rio this past january and am currently an enlish teacher since my portuguese is too poor to do much else. however, iŽve been pretty lucky and found an apartment and job within the first month of being here.  thereŽs always jobs for english teachers even if you donŽt have experience. iŽm not sure how hard it is to actually find entertainment jobs but one of my roommates is an assitant producer and the other a photographer. i also have other friends in similar field. i can inquire if youŽre really serious about making the move!

Glad you got up and running so quickly.  That's wonderful.  Am considering living in Brazil.  Speak Spanish (so the Portuguese studies are coming along all right).  Can you give my any tips on how to go about teaching English there?  Does the school year there run from Feb. through Nov.?  Thanks much, Julie  P.S.  My field is nutrition and fitness.  I'm a personal trainer.  Taught English while living in Bolivia.

Hi amigo,

My name is Thiago and I am Carioca.  I have a good friend, an american that moved here two years ago from nyc. I am a tour guide here and have plenty of information that may help you.

Good luck!
Thiago

Yo Zamalek!

I moved here from NYC 2 years ago after visiting for a few and had similar feelings.  I worked in the entertainment industry for 12 years in DC and then New York City.  Many movies, theater and tv...
Rio has a growing indie market like new york in the early 90Žs.  I shot a pilot called Žamerican in brasilŽ last year with a great brazilian team.

holla at me about your plans, I am sure I can help in some way!
Mark
[email protected]