Is CBD oil legal in Costa Rica

Hi We are planning a Vacation CR, but I'm under a medication having chronic back pain and some Sleeping Disorder issues in taking CBD oil for medication which was prescribe to me by a physician, i got medicard for it, so im asking if in costa Rica is  CBD oil with this specific strains ***  are Legal to carry or entry, i need to bring some CBD oil when i"m travelling.  Any help or personal experience is much appreciated. Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : Illegal
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
arethamorce :

Hi We are planning a Vacation CR, but I'm under a medication having chronic back pain and some Sleeping Disorder issues in taking CBD oil for medication which was prescribe to me by a physician, i got medicard for it, so im asking if in costa Rica is  CBD oil with this specific strains *** are Legal to carry or entry, i need to bring some CBD oil when i"m travelling.  Any help or personal experience is much appreciated. Thanks

Bottom line: If it has THC in it you could be busted both in the USA and in Costa Rica. Even though some states have legalized marijuana or you have a "card" for prescription, it is still illegal to fly across state lines with it, it's still Federally illegal.

Here we've been told CBD is legal, but I'm pretty sure only if it has almost no THC; even then I'd be concerned that some jerk who doesn't know the difference might make a stink and try to bust you, or succeed in it.

This is a legal issue. Collecting random opinions is not going to prevent you from getting arrested. Ask a lawyer.

Actually - that's incorrect.  You don't need the THC to have the full benefits of the pain, inflammation and other things CBD is good for.  "Get Healthy, Not High".

Aretha. Short answer... You would have to be mad to cross a border with any cannabis product, at this point.

What I have read is that sometimes the THC helps boost the properties of the CBD. CBD alone without THC can be sufficient to help in some cases however.

In any case, I agree with the comment above. It's risky to cross any border with CBD oil. IMHO.

Can we refrain from posting links to weed sales sites, please?
Illegal activity or anything that assists it is not allowed on these forums.

Thank you. :)

Thank you for the explanations. I myself want to visit Costa Rica and I use cbd oils. I buy provacan oils without thx. And as far as I understand it's ok. Hopefully, everything's gonna be ok with it.

All we've found so far are mixed messages. Some say it's legal, and others say it is not. Good luck.

I've purchased CBD oil in Cobano.  As far as its legality.  Who knows?  I agree with samramon.  I see mixed messages everywhere.  It's CBD for crying out loud. :)  Not psychoactive.  It was very expensive.  Happy Hunting!

Durphym :

I've purchased CBD oil in Cobano.  As far as its legality.  Who knows?  I agree with samramon.  I see mixed messages everywhere.  It's CBD for crying out loud. :)  Not psychoactive.  It was very expensive.  Happy Hunting!

Someone I know just told me today that someone here in CR was just busted for bringing in a large amount of CBD oil to sell.
Whether or not it had THC in it is the question...

IF it can be shown it has NO THC then it should be legal! (Should be...)

But IF it has any THC in it, one could get in real trouble. I could not find any info on this alleged recent bust for bringing in CBD oil. 
I do know this:

Costa Rica is very backwards in busting people for selling regular marijuana.
My impression is that personal use is not such a high profile problem.
But I see in the online Costa Rica English newspapers that there is a new marijuana bust about every week. I wonder to myself, "WHY are they wasting money on this??? When they can't afford money for education, road repair, health clinics, anti-snakebite venom etc etc which they NEED... seems insane.

I know that I would be extremely wary of bringing cbd oil on a plane into Costa Rica! I know people do it but I personally would not.
I did a search on the net and found a bunch of info on cbd in costa rica but none definitively convince me it's legal or illegal, so use your own judgment: (Again, CBD oil is usually without THC therefore not the same as marijuana. SOME CBD oil does have THC in it but most being sold as CBD in places where marijuana is not yet legal is being sold minus the THC. This is part of the problem for me. I would not trust someone who's selling it to tell me "Oh yes, it's legal because it has no THC" because they have a vested interest in convincing you it's legal.)

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=buy+cbd+oil+i … amp;ia=web

samramon :

Costa Rica is very backwards in busting people for selling regular marijuana.

Why?
It's their country sow up to them what to decide what is legal and illegal.

Yes, up to them.
And their decision to put people in jail for marijuana is stuck in the past just like it is in many states of the United States.

The medical and scientific evidence is in that marijuana has many helpful attributes, and that it is not harmful. Certainly not as harmful as alcohol or tobacco.

Therefore Costa Rica and many US states are stuck in the past, wasting money on arresting people for marijuana use, instead of using the money for more useful purposes.

But yes, of course they have the right to do that.

samramon :

Certainly not as harmful as alcohol or tobacco.

Walking down a main road isn't as dangerous as taking a stroll down a five lane highway, but that's not much of an argument for jaywalking.
However, insulting the country you chose to live in is not really a good move as it says a lot more about your ability to make wise decisions than it does about the place in question.

If you think it makes sense to spend money fighting the use of marijuana and putting people in jail for it, then I'm sorry, we will just have to agree to disagree.

One of the reasons I choose to live in Costa Rica is that it is mostly a free country, where I have the right to state my opinion about the government here.

From Nova Scotia, Canada:        These are the rules travelling from Canada to CR.  I'm not sure if they are applicable coming from other Countries.   

I'm coming to CR for 3 months in a few weeks.  You absolutely can bring prescribed medications.  Think about it, there are many people travelling world wide.  What percentage are travelling with prescribed medication?  There certainly are rules to bring them in the Country. 

Prescription bottle labels must show:  The prescribing physician's name, the product name including the PX number, date filled,  refills, etc........ 

If you are bringing prescribed opiates, you need to follow a strict protocol.  I'm still researching....

With regards to Costa Rica yes it is check out cbdsloth.com it lists the legal countries where cbd is legal. USA however is not generally speaking.