Marriage in Morocco - Police Certificate

I wish to marry my Moroccan fiance, I understand I will require a police certificate however I am a UK national but I reside in UAE, will I require a police certificate from UAE, UK or both?

Thanks

I would say both... definitely a UK one though if you have a brutish passport. Getting it is very quick and easy. I have just got mine.

*british

What all do i need to do to marry my boyfriend that lives in morroco? What do i need from the USA and what ti do once I get there. And how much with every thing I need to marry.?

First thing is be sure he loves you and hes not just after a visa, sorry to say it but it happens so much. Secondly there is a very good thread already on this forum detailing the process of mixed marriage in morocco have a good read of that and it should give you an idea of whats involved.

Good luck :)

Where do you get the Police Certificate if I am a British National

I am talking to A Morrocan woman
And am considering getting married

Although for marriage you may need the paid certificate.

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

you should take police clearance  certificate from UAE , then attest in your embassy in UAE . that's enough

Can anyone explain how to obtain a police record from US?
I went to my police station, asked for a record, explained what it's for and they told me if I haven't been charged with a crime or have been arrested then there's no record to give me.

I've also seen an option to send fingerprints to FBI, anyone know a format for that? How long does it take to get a reply? Also if I plan to marry in Morocco , why would sending my prints into the FBI be mandatory?

Anyone have gotten to this step yet?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

Usually you go to your local sheriff's office or such to be fingerprinted.   Yes, they have to go to the FBI for the records check. It takes a few weeks.  Morocco requires that you show you aren't a criminal.  https://eforms.com/consent/background/fbi/
Google is your friend :-)

@srichar3 From your home country of citizenship. So, UK police certificate. If you are able to get someone from the UK to send it in the mail, that would be the better option for you.

Does anyone know what is Moroccan government law about 'spent' convictions? These are low level criminal convictions that took place a long time ago. They don't appear on a DBS but may appear as a trace - no detail given but a note there is something minor, in the past, on record - on the Police Certificate. Would this kind of note about a very minor offence in the past, called 'spent' in the UK - prevent someone getting married in Morocco or obtaining residency ?

Hello NotBrandonSaad,

thank you for the input but this thread is quite old and the OP's last connection was 2 years ago.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Howcanihelp

I strongly suggest that you make some inquiries at the Moroccan consulate in the UAE. knowing how things sometimes work in Morocco they will probably ask for both. If your fiancé or his relatives live in Morocco ask them to go to the police station near them and ask there for a written acknowledgment of what's required. Nothing is straight forward in some places.

I hope that this helps.

@srichar3

I strongly suggest that you make some inquiries at the Moroccan consulate in the UAE. knowing how things sometimes work in Morocco they will probably ask for both. If your fiancé or his relatives live in Morocco ask them to go to the police station near them and ask there for a written acknowledgment of what's required. Nothing is straight forward in some places.

I hope that this helps

@Cheryl My bad, didn't realize. I got a notification email and thought I would reply. Forgot to check the date. You should close these (old) threads if no one replies within a meaningful time.

@srichar3 hi l live in UK so only had to do one in UK and one in Morocco. Maybe get one for each so three?

@srichar3

its better to get from uk