Jakarta Housing On Rent

Hi everyone, I & my wife are looking for a studio or 1 bedroom apartment in Menteng / Jakarta selatan. If there is any suggestion please let me know. Thank You.
Rocky

There might be something here

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/i … a/jakarta/

A few basic rules:
NEVER even look at places priced in US$ - Illegal and aimed at expats with more cash than experience
ALWAYS check prices as many agents publish different prices on each media - I've seen many ads aimed at one group have a higher price quoted than the same ad aimed at another
ALWAYS check prices of places in the same building before you meet the agent - Lots of agents so lots of prices.
ASK yourself one question - Could a local on a local salary afford the place? If not, it's probably a rip off.

Hi i am stefan:
Good evening I want to come to Indonesia to work and live a period of time cheap transport options I could look to get into batu or in Jakarta I mention live in England and come from romania

Hi stefan,

There are some option for public transportation in Jakarta, which is quite cheap:
KRL (train)
Jakarta busway
Go-jek (application for motorbikes and cars)
Grab (application for motorbikes and cars)

You can choose which one suits on your need.

I want to ask if there is anything cheaper to transport So England in Indonesia I was referring to that

Just shop around for flights.
They change day to day so it's just a matter of looking.

Flying direct or 2 flights To Indonesia is not your cheapest option, try and book a minimum of 8 weeks in advance, cheapest way is to fly to Singapore then to Indonesia or Kuala Lumpur then Indonesia, typical saving around £100,
Some of the Chinese and UAE airlines have special offers very frequently but you may have a long wait in Hong Kong for example, also stay clear of budget airlines you'll pay substantially more in the long run, see what deals are around for the high end airlines you'll be surprised
Flying from London is always going to save you well over a further £100 also

Thenk you

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago

A serious note for any potential customers

Please note any internal transaction in anything other than Indonesian Rupiah is illegal here, and commonly aimed at expats with a sack of cash and no experience.

Many adverts aimed at expats are posted with inflated prices (Rip offs) and that price is illegally advertised in USD - I very strongly recommend avoiding any such advertisers.

mamikost can be good option to find short term/long term stay.
it is application based service