I Need Info as to how I can live in HK.

Hello, everyone! I'm from Morocco and I have recently graduated from university with a degree in English literature. Now, the thing is, I want to work in HK in the field appropriate to my major or somewhere in the hotel industry if possible.
What I'm asking is, what are the process I need to go through to work there? And I need informations about accommodation and all that.
(Keep in mind I'm still in Morocco and have never visited HK or any other country for that matter.)

Hi Saâd El Fathi,

Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps you should consider a first visit to Hong Kong to make sure that you will like it there.

For general information, you can read the articles of the Living in Hong Kong guide, there are a few on work, visa, accommodation etc...

Also, have a look at what members have posted here : What are the dos and don'ts of finding a job in Hong Kong?

All the best,
Bhavna

Good luck on your move OP! I know it is pretty daunting, but you can do it! Check out the guides, they are very very helpful.

Hi
It will be very difficult to you from Morocco. Typical requirement for foreigners to obtain a work visa is to have minimum 2 years of working experience.

Since you are not studying here in HK so you are not eligible for the Student VISA, your employer needs to apply for you and prove that what the job requires can not be found or is hard to find among local community. While most employers are not willing to take the trouble.

wx_hokai1811 wrote:

Since you are not studying here in HK so you are not eligible for the Student VISA, your employer needs to apply for you and prove that what the job requires can not be found or is hard to find among local community. While most employers are not willing to take the trouble.

And she does not list any Chinese languages, French and English not gonna convince anyone that no local could do the job.

@ùugtech HK has the largest French community in Asia (more than 20,000) and hundreds of French companies looking for native speakers. The lack of experience is more a problem than the language.