EU Verification Process

Hi! 

I am looking for information on relocating to the Netherlands.  My husband is an EU citizen and I am from a non-EU country.  I understand I will have to go through the EU verification process, in order to get a BSN and eventually a job. 

Can anyone advise
1) how long this process takes and
2) whether I can start the application process from abroad?

Thanks!
Luna Belle

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Your husband will have no problem; if your husband is a Brit, then you should be aware that Brexit may totally mess this up, but nobody knows anything authoritatively yet.

My advice would be for you to apply for Family visas; the Dutch Government IND website has all the information and links you need to follow this through; this link will take you there.  you will need to go through MVV which is a joint visa/residence permit process.  I've just read that you can't actually do your MVV in the Bahamas, you have to go to the USA to do it; this link takes you to a very brief web-page with the details!

In view of the above, I'll stop writing any more for now.  If the above hasn't put you off and you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi:

First of all, thank you so much for your very quick response!

Second, the links you provided are very useful.  I was not thinking I would need the MVV, just the verification.  And its great to see that I can potentially start this process through the Consulate in Miami.  I will contact them directly.

Thank you!
Luna Bella