Life as a female expat in the United Arab Emirates

Hello,

While moving to a new country and discovering new cultures is definitely an exciting adventure, everybody experiences it differently. It can be particularly different for women, in both positive and negative ways.

What are some positive aspects about being a female expat in the United Arab Emirates?

What are some challenges in the United Arab Emirates that women face, and what are the ways to overcome them?

How is a woman's role viewed in Emirati's culture and society?

Is it relatively safe for a woman to live in the United Arab Emirates?

How would a woman go about expanding her social network in a safe way?

Are there any resources available for women to help with their expatriation (e.g. books, articles, support networks, etc.)?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Dear Priscilla,

Good Day..

As seen by me with my little experience of about 2 1/2 of stay in Dubai, I have found Dubai to be quite a safe city to stay living on their own for women. I have not seen any untoward incidents or misbehavior towards Women in any of  the Public Transports, shopping malls or any where..

Its so nice to see so  many Expatriate girls working hard and relaxing during weekends on their own  without any fear. However, its better for them to follow with Public Transport to be on the safer side. Probably because of such friendly and easy environment Dubai could be most preferable place for Girls or Single woman to work without a guardian.

Hi  thanks  for this  post.
M a single  mother ...cmg to Dubai.
New to the city
Kindly  guide me
And how is the legal system for woman and mother

contact with me i will guide you since for 3 years im living in dubai.

Sure text me ur no or email I'd

kindly msg me at whatsapp if you have *** or you can email me at ***

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

Ms. Aaalia,

Wish all the very best .. and have a nice stay in Dubai..

Inshaalah!thanks  buddy