Life as a female expat in Colombia

Hello,

While moving to a new country and discovering new cultures is definitely an exciting adventure, everybody experiences it differently. It can be particularly different for women, in both positive and negative ways.

What are some positive aspects about being a female expat in Colombia?

What are some challenges in Colombia that women face, and what are the ways to overcome them?

How is a woman's role viewed in Colombian's culture and society?

Is it relatively safe for a woman to live in Colombia?

How would a woman go about expanding her social network in a safe way?

Are there any resources available for women to help with their expatriation (e.g. books, articles, support networks, etc.)?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

I know a lot of professional Colombian women are considering and have started opening business offices in the office buildings recently completed at the end of the Milla de Oro in the Sabana Centro just as you enter Cajicá off the variante highway and I'm sure expat women are welcome into their design for the area with their newly founded businesses.

Grindl-POP wrote:

office buildings recently completed at the end of the Milla de Oro in the Sabana Centro just as you enter Cajicá off the variante highway and I'm sure expat women are welcome into their design for the area with their newly founded businesses.

Cajicá, Cundinamarca (cah-hee-KAH), is a suburb of the capital city, 24 miles north of Bogotá.

It is a weekend and country retreat with fancy fincas for lodging and upscale restaurants.  Evidently Beverly Hills-style shopping is coming soon or perhaps a new take on Medellín's Golden Mile.

Wikipedia's Cajicá page was consulted for this post.

cccmedia