I want move to Kenya to look for a job

Hi all
I'm an Egyptian wants to live and work in Nairobi. So i want to know how to live and work in Kenya. What is the most popular website in Nairobi to find a job in a short time.
I'm a graphic designer (printing press and package).

How much for dorm in Nairobi. Room or sharing?

Check out the housing section, top of this page.

👍

You need a work permit to work in Kenya.  It's is becoming more challenging to obtain one, unless you have skills that are hard to find in Kenya.  The current government thinking is that foreign workers are filling positions for which there are qualified Kenyans.  They are currently in the process of re-registering all foreign holders of work permits and in the process reviewing them.

Thousands of Kenyans in various parts of the country are opting for freelancing in Kenya as a perfect means for them to make extra cash on the internet. Apparently, a good number of these people are taking up freelance jobs in Kenya as their full-time employment.

Guru, Elance, Rentacoder, Freelancer.com these are certain top websites which you cannot choose to overlook.

You can contact any of top leading real estate developers to find a house or apartment. One of them I can suggest you is, The_Hayerone_Group. I have earlier dealt with them for buying property and they are good because they are in market from years. Top real estate projects in Kenya are THE MARQUIS, THE ADDRESS, THE CRESCENT, The Gateway, Elixir.
Buying a home for the first time in Kenya, this article might be helpful for you

Buying Home In Kenya For First Time – Tips & Pitfalls To Avoid

👍👍👍

Press and packing design can't be online.
Also
Customers don't know these websites. I found a lot of designers in contrast little of customers 😂

Thanks 👍

Aluna, your post looks like an advertisement.  You also refer to Kenyans opting for freelancing, but Faroukadv is not Kenyan. 

The option of freelancing does muddy the waters as far as work permits are concerned, but may be looked on as follows: Freelancing = self employment, so the freelancer should be registering a company and obtaining a work permit, if a foreigner. Just a thought though.

Longonot
As you told that I'll face big competition in Kenya.
How many people comes to Kenya looking for a job?

Is there any trouble in obtaining work permit?

Hi, the current issue is that the government is focusing on foreigners in Kenya, I understand that this includes work permit holders and those who may be living there on single entry visas/overstayers.

Here is an article on the Presidents comments, yesterday.

https://www.mwakilishi.com/article/keny … ospitality

There is a big problem with educated and skilled Kenyans being unemployed. The government want to have a situation where work permits are issued to foreigners in areas where there are skills shortages.  The foreign worker is given a work permit for two years, while a Kenyan is trained to do the job and can take over.  Over the years, corruption has made it relatively easy for foreigners to obtain work permits and effectively keep renewing them and staying in Kenya for many years.

The other issue of concern is that foreign workers usually get paid considerably more than Kenyan equivalent workers, so the economy benefits from employing local workers.

In your case, if you can find a job and successfully apply for it, then your employer is responsible for submitting an application for a work permit. In doing this, they have to argue that they have failed to fill the vacancy from the Kenyan workforce and the employer is supposed to agree to train a local worker while you are in post.  Then, after 2 years, your permit isn't renewed.

I don't know whether there is a shortage of skills in your work area or not.

Thanks alot Longonot
You give me very good information about Kenya 👍👍👍👍👏