Buying a car/renting?

Hello All!

I am moving to Puerto Rico in October, as of now I am only going to be living there about 6-7 months and I am wondering what to do about transportation there. Since I wont be there to long I will not be shipping my car because the cost is very high. My main concern with buying a car is how to know if its been flooded or has mechanical issues. If anyone has any recommendations on where I can safely buy a vehicle I would appreciate it!

Does anyone else on here live in PR just part of the year and what do you do for transportation? Is there any alternative, like a long term rental car? (I dont even know if that is a thing)

If im going to buy a used car there what is the process as far as the title, registration, insurance etc.

Any advice and info is greatly appreciated!

Depends on your location you are moving too.   At least with a dealer you will jave a warrenty

Dtop/ cesco for your car.  Its a whole day event.  It will cost yiu under $200 for yhe stamps, inspection, registration and the insurance for the year

I am going to be living in Aguada, I think I rather buy from a dealer cause I honestly dont know all to much about cars and do not want to end up with something that is no good. Im hoping to stay in the 2000-2500k range so im not sure a dealership there would sell a car for that cheap or not!

Good questions. I would like to buy in Aguadilla seeings it most likely has better options to car shop considering its a bigger town. Following to read and learn.

Unfortunately car dealers dont usually have cars on their lots for under $6000.  So it sounds like you will have to buy it as a personal sale