Authorization to drive my car

i am a Filipino expat here in Riyadh, i have 1 car in al-khafji i want to give authorisation to drive to my Filipino friend there. I open my MOI account, I found that there is a column there " Authorised to drive my vehicle" but when i click it is not responding.  can anybody help me?

Go to the Traffic police nearby and they will help you out.

thank you sir

hi,
do u have any update on subject..?
i also wants to know the procedure in order to give authorization to my friend,

Hi there,

This option; to authorize someone to drive your car, is only available for Saudis, and also Saudis cannot authorize anyone to drive their cars, just a driver or someone that in his workmen list (Followers). You want be able to do that unfortunately.

@ Guestposter27,

The advise of void794 is right i made it before, you have to visit Nasiriyah Traffic along Takhassusi however you have to take with you your friend but much more important is a Saudi fellow who can come with you to assist you in processing such document. Even you understand and can Speak Arabic the chances of entertaining you is very remote as it is required a Local Liaison Officer to deal with government Offices.

abou.alseoud wrote:

Hi there,

This option; to authorize someone to drive your car, is only available for Saudis, and also Saudis cannot authorize anyone to drive their cars, just a driver or someone that in his workmen list (Followers). You want be able to do that unfortunately.

That is not correct.

You can do that.  There are two ways - physical and online.

1) As mentioned above, you and your friend need to go to traffic department. However, if there is an accident while someone else is driving, insurance won't cover it.  Unless you add them to the policy as well
2) If it is working, you can also do it through Absher (moi.gov.sa).   Go to the vehicles section, authorised drivers and then click on add.  Put Iqama number and submit.  Once done, you can print out a certificate

XTang wrote:
abou.alseoud wrote:

Hi there,

That is not correct.

You can do that.  There are two ways - physical and online.

1) As mentioned above, you and your friend need to go to traffic department. However, if there is an accident while someone else is driving, insurance won't cover it.  Unless you add them to the policy as well
2) If it is working, you can also do it through Absher (moi.gov.sa).   Go to the vehicles section, authorised drivers and then click on add.  Put Iqama number and submit.  Once done, you can print out a certificate

Despite you affirmation about the ability to do this, I checked another time allover my MOI account vehicles section and the option to add authorized person is opted out from it. My Saudi college found this option in his account.

Could you please confirm the you can do this authorization using you MOI account, for example take one of you colleges and grant him the authority to drive your car?

I have seen it in my non-Saudi colleagues account. For it to appear, you must have car in your name and sometimes if it is on bank loan, it doesn't appear. But that is why I said, if working.

The point is that you can authorise someone to drive your car. The physical visit works for sure as I got authorised by someone this way in the past. And he wasn't Saudi.

XTang wrote:

I have seen it in my non-Saudi colleagues account. For it to appear, you must have car in your name and sometimes if it is on bank loan, it doesn't appear. But that is why I said, if working.

The point is that you can authorise someone to drive your car. The physical visit works for sure as I got authorised by someone this way in the past. And he wasn't Saudi.

I have a used car without any loans and i didn't found this option.
I hope the question owner try one of the ways you mentioned and report the experience with us.

I went to muroor for the subject purpose.
An expats can be given authorization only if 'user' and 'owner of the car' are under same sponsor.

shafitp wrote:

I went to muroor for the subject purpose.
An expats can be given authorization only if 'user' and 'owner of the car' are under same sponsor.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 49#4396044