Entering Singapore with approved IPA but undergoing correction

Hi,

I am going for job in Singapore and my IPA for S-pass is approved. The problem is that in IPA, salary is mentioned Incorrect. Now I have contacted my employer and they are saying that they have applied for correction of salary to MOM. Now my point is should I wait for the new revised letter with correct salary to come and then move to Singapore or I can just come to Singapore on my current IPA (with incorrect salary).
is there any problem that I can face with ICA officers ? I know that they don't know my salary. But since my employer has already applied for correction, is there any possibility that my current IPA (with incorrect salary) be considered invalid or put on hold (as my IPA application is undergoing correction) due to which I may face problem at ICA ?
Also, Do ICA officers asks for Offer letter as well?

PS: My salary is more than double of what required for Spass.

As told you via PM, you can go ahead with your existing IPA letter and join as per the joining date mentioned in offer letter (in case joining date is not far from today). And,same time ask your employer to provide the supporting doc or email which was send MoM to correct the salary, then carry with you.

For your second part of question, ICA doesn't know what salary was offered at you, but MoM does. ICA must be knowing only about your pass approval and you will join XYZ Company with position. If you want to wait till IPA letter corrected & send over to you is always fine. But, that has to be discussed and agreed between you and employer so that you can join after the mentioned date in your offer letter. Good luck

Thanks, for your prompt reply.
They have already sent the salary correction letter to me as my signature was needed on that before applying to MOM for correction. I think I can bring that with me.
They have agreed to come with revised IPA also, but I have already made arrangements and preparations according to initial decided date, so would not like to have my plans changed.

1) Any idea how much time does it take for correction in IPA ?
2) Can FIN number could get changed in this type of case ? I mean to ask, if I will get a new IPA or my current IPA will just get updated with correct salary.
3) Also, in any way applying for correction can get my current IPA rejected or cancelled ?  Asking this, as lets say I am at airport with my current IPA and it just gets reject at the same time on the same day (I know the probability is highly unlikely). Then I might get stuck at airport.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

See below response:

1) Any idea how much time does it take for correction in IPA ?

It can take few days to a week or two. No one can tell you exact days.

2) Can FIN number could get changed in this type of case ? I mean to ask, if I will get a new IPA or my current IPA will just get updated with correct salary.

FIN number will be remaining same till you get PR in Singapore. Even it won't change if you left Singapore and come back again after 5yrs (cause it will ask if employee had issued any FIN in past to mention during filling the application form).

3) Also, in any way applying for correction can get my current IPA rejected or cancelled ?  Asking this, as lets say I am at airport with my current IPA and it just gets reject at the same time on the same day (I know the probability is highly unlikely). Then I might get stuck at airport.

I never heard the employee's IPA got rejected due to this. Good luck

Thanks Surya..
Thats comforting to know. Will update here once, I enter Singapore successfully.

Hi Surya,

Just one more question. It may sound like repetitive one, but haven't got clear response previously for it. So, asking it.
When my employer applies for correction in MOM, during the period from application of correction, till its corrected, what will be the status of my current IPA?
Will it remain approved or it can go to pending also ???
Asking this coz I maybe coming during that period only.

Your IPA was issued based on approval of your S pass. So, why do you think it's ststus will be changed? If you have doubt then check regularly the EPonline status and confirm yourself whether S pass shows approved or changed to pending.

Thanks Surya,
Entered Singapore safely on my IPA.  There was no issue at ICA checkpoint. Been here since two weeks.
Now problem is that I haven't got my IPA updated from MOM with correct salary.
And, its stamped on my passport that I can live here till 30 days from the date for entering on IPA.
Company is waiting for correct IPA to apply for issue of Spass.
So, If corrected letter takes more time then it is possible that I might cross 30 days also.
In such situation what could be done ?? Could i get an extension on IPA for staying after 30 days ?

Please ask your employer to fix an appointment then bring your company representative and yourself with the documents including IPA approval letter to MoM. Don't wait till the end. Good luck

Hi Surya,

Thanks for reply. Actually, in acknowledgement of correction application filed to MOM, it is mentioned that our request will by processed by 28th Aug and we should not contact them unless necessary.
The problem is the my 30 days will be over before 28th Aug (on 23 Aug).
So as suggested by you, should I contact MoM regarding this ??

You can bring your IPA approval letter and other documents to ICA and request them to extend your visa to another 30 days. They should extend your stay. Good luck

Hi lordvoldemort1,

How long did it take for the new IPA with corrections to come in?

I'm in a similar situation except I had a bit of mixup in my declaration form.

More than 30 days for the corrected IPA to come.

Hi,

Could you please tell me, exactly after how many days you received the corrected IPA. Its been 34 days for me since my employer raised iSubmit case. so far no response. I am chasing MOM as well, but nothing worked out.

Thanks

You don't need to chase MoM cause you suppose not to. Your employer is the contact point for you. If your employer has done the submission then I have doubt why it's pending more than a month to correct the IPA letter. Ask your employer to reach out MoM office to check the record and advise.

There is some communication gap between your employer and MoM. Good luck

You can continue with your existing EP, before expiry of your EP likely IPA update would be done. You didn't mention which part of your info got issue? Your employer was renewed your passport so likely all the information should be same except salary, job description if there is any change or any new certificates.

Salary part is critical if there was any false declaration made by your employer then it would be a negative case. Good luck

arjjunsathish5050 wrote:

They reduced my salary and applied and got approval but actually its more than the actual salary.

Such "kickback" schemes, where the declared salary (for visa purposes) is not the actually paid salary, are ILLEGAL and can get you banned from working in Singapore forever. You should NEVER agree to that!
Furthermore, MoM officials are known to read online forums such as this one and will, if your user name is your real one or you post other details that allow to identify you, not hesitate to take appropriate action.
I strongly suggest you report the errant employer to MoM immediately - if this happens before MoM finds you, you will be treated leniently!

What you have PM is different to what you have mentioned here. Beppi is right and advise you a needful suggestion.

In your PM to me, your EP was applied before your salary hike but after IPA got approved (they could have done it immediately without waiting fir your IPA approval) but now your employer provides the actual salary to MoM to update the IPA and the record. Unless the salary hike is 20-30% then it should be okay. But any larger amount hike it will draw MoM's attention and scrutiny then your employer has to justify based on job role and scope of activities along with current market standards. Good luck

University name declared wrongly in IPA. HR highlighted to MOM for correction it has been 30days.

How many days it will take to get IPA corrected?

30 days is too long for a correction, ask your employer to speak with the case officer and figure out what's the delay.

I will follow-up with HR tomorrow on this. Anybody else faced the same issue?

Yohn123 wrote:

I will follow-up with HR tomorrow on this. Anybody else faced the same issue?

Did you search on the forum? I bet not, there have been similar instances, do invest some time to flesh through the threads.

I did search similar thread but nobody has provided update if they received updated IPA after xx days.

Yohn123 wrote:

I did search similar thread but nobody has provided update if they received updated IPA after xx days.

If X got an approval after edits in 10 days doesn't mean it's the norm. Corrections are subject to review, rather a re-review in some cases. So all you can do is wait and follow-up through your employer after 3-4 weeks. You can request MoM to expedite things, that is it.