Apartment rentals

I am an American currently living in Costa Rica, and considering a move to Croatia for a year. I am looking at settling in either Sibenik or Trogir, although Sibenik may be too large. What I'm having trouble finding are local long-term apartment rentals online for these two places. Does anyone know of any Web sites listing local apartments for these two places? I can use translation if necessary.

Hi kanderberg!

I can suggest you to post an advert in the accommodation section of Croatia classifieds. It might help!

Regards
Armand

Hello kanderburg
I have just posted details elsewhere on this site and mentioned a local publication for the Istria area . It is called BUTIGA. I do not know whether it is available elsewhere in Croatia, or even if there is an on-line edition, but would be surprised if there was not one . Only trouble it is written in Hrvatski jezik (Croatian language ! ).Good luck. Malcolm

Malcolm,
Thank you. I will check out the publication online.

Hi
I'll be moving in the next few month to Croatia. I am also having problems trying to find a place to live (long term) in Dubrovnik or nearby towns.  My employer has not been too helpful at finding me a place.  Most of the places I looked at were only for short rental. There has to be a newspaper or website (in croatian) that locals use to find apartments. Can anyone guide me?
thanks
so to be expat

hi!
I am Croatian and I understand your problems. All those places are at the sea and people do not rent them flats for long time because of summer season. By short time they can get better money. But, it is not a problem to find a flat for long time, realy, special during winter.www.oglasnik.hr is our local news paper with adds. Also is good slobodna dalmacija. If you want I can check for you.

My name is Marija by the way

For any other people looking at this post, in my experience, you can get long term rentals outside of the peak summer season. If you contact apartment owners around October time, you often can rent the property at a cheap monthly rent right through until April.

In some circumstances, (where the owner has more than one apartment), you will be able to rent something over the summer months if you have already proven to be a reliable long term tenant.

[Moderated]

Hope that helps,

AZ