Apply MM2H direct vs via agent or lawyer

Hi,
I m from Hong Kong planning to file for MM2H. Want to see anyone experienced difficulties or delays due the usual bureaucracy. I wonder if going thru agent really easier and faster.
Anyone can share?
Kelly

The advantage of using an agent is they know exactly what is required  (well the frequently used ones do) .

Timewise there are no advantages. Applications are dealt with in a time order.

Delays occur if there are peaks in number of applications.

Everyone is waiting to see if the new government makes changes to the terms and conditions.

I did my own and a lot of people do. But if the qualification is borderline an agent can provide invaluable advice.

Quality of the financial proof can be a sticking point in some cases, and cause delays as the Committee fathom it all out and request further documents.

Is renewal of MM2H automatic or does one have to go through the same hoops as when applying originally for the first time?

What is the rate of rejection for renewals?

:top:  Thanks a lot.
Some agents said the raise of fix deposit has been discussed in Najib's time and is very likely coming. How far can this be true?
Kelly

:top:  Thanks a lot.
Some agents said the raise of fix deposit has been discussed in Najib's time and is very likely coming. How far can this be true?
Kelly

Nobody knows what will happen but any applications in the pipeline will most probably be under current T&Cs as no other announcement made.

In fact this approach was suggested by agents before the election.

If you meet the requirements n have all your documents in order, I don't see why you need to go through an agent

Initially I had hired an agent but there was no progress for 4 months when he was handling my case, I was advised to write a letter direct to the authorities, and I got my approval in less than a week
Just my 2 cents

Thanks Gravitas.

I hope this is only a sales pitch by agents. Many yrs ago my applications for Australia was failed because they raise the points requirement near the end of my review. I was so regret not to use an agent. It took me 3 yrs from above the line to become under.

I have a feeling if the government wants to lift the requirement they will hold up the process.

Finger crossed!

Thanks

Hi Casear,
It is encouraging to know your case. May I know when you filed the application?
Kelly

When it comes time for MM2H 10-year renewal, do they (can they) change the requirements and is the process onerous and how long does it take?

Hi Mipatata
In 2006

I am not sure if all Agents provide the same level of service but when I renewed my passport recently, I decided to ask an Agent to get the balance of the 10 yrs visa transferred into the new one. (I did my own application originally). I was exceedingly happy to get the transfer done without having to go to Immigration in Putrajaya.

Any agent recommend?

@Vincent Lam83 Hello please note this is an old thread. All of the members are inactive.

Please open a new thread on the Malaysia forum to seek information from members.

All the best

Bhavna

@Vincent Lam83 Hi Vincent, i can help with your application 1f601.svg