Can anyone guide us towards a reputable lawyer ?

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and so happy I found it!  :)

I hope that I have posted this correctly in the Siem Reap forum! (Still getting the hang of this platform!)

My partner and I would like to move to Asia this year - preferably Cambodia. Our idea is to open a small business - either restaurant, café or small yoga and meditation centre.

In August we will visit Siem Reap for the first time to see if we can make our dream a reality!

Can anyone guide us towards a reputable lawyer that we could meet to see exactly what the procedures would be?

Thank you so much!

Madeleine

Unfortunately no one has replied to your post....

I'm in Siem Reap at the moment trying to ascertain if I  shall move here or Phnom Penh in Feb next year...

I am a lawyer in Australia & may start an expat legal office from my home when I arrive...

But that's no good for you now...

However next year if you have any issues you can look back at this post and send me a message...

I'm not going to look into Cambodia's business legal requirements until later this year....

In the meantime I hope you find some info...

madsevans wrote:

My partner and I would like to move to Asia this year - preferably Cambodia. Our idea is to open a small business - either restaurant, café or small yoga and meditation centre.

In August we will visit Siem Reap for the first time to see if we can make our dream a reality!

Can anyone guide us towards a reputable lawyer that we could meet to see exactly what the procedures would be?

Thank you so much! Madeleine

FYI ~ Words to the wise ~

1. "My partner and I would like to move to Asia this year - preferably Cambodia. Our idea is to open a small business - either restaurant, café or small yoga and meditation centre."

Advice: ~ Don't do it! Guaranteed,.....you'll lose your money. Period! ~

2. "Can anyone guide us towards a reputable lawyer that we could meet to see exactly what the procedures would be?

Advice: ~ Your embassy is the absolute best information source for vetted, reputable lawyers, (anywhere) in SE Asia." ~

For more detailed explanations, re: the above ^, you're welcome to contact me, via the Personal Message (see the envelope icon above) platform. Hope this helps. Regards, :cheers:

Jana611, the best advice I've heard.

Madsevans I have used a large group of attorneys in Cambodia for the last few years, to direct me through opening a strong pharmaceutical company, and the necessary personal requirements associated with that. They are superb, not cheap but worth it, inbox me if you need to know more.

I have had a lot to do with lawyers here and have found one who speaks English, works quickly and does what you ask for. His name is Mr Sakama***.  He did a job for me in an hour in his office, another lawyer had done the same job and it took 2 weeks!

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : please share the contact via your private message system. Thank you.