Buying / Leasing a car in Bahrain

Hello everyone. I'm in the process of accepting a job in Al Khobar KSA, and relocating from Canada. The company has accepted that my wife and I will be living in Bahrain. I will need to buy or lease a car for use in Bahrain and for commuting to Al Khobar.  Neither I nor my wife (for now) will be working in Bahrain. Would it be more advisable to lease or buy a car. I would like to lean toward leasing in case things don't work out six months down the road. Any advise you could give would be most helpful...

Thanks

Why don't you lease from Saudi?  it would be easier as that is where you work with a valid Iqama, bank account and so on.  It would be much easier; not to mention cheaper.

Leasing is the right option if you are not sure for how long you are going to be here.  If you are sure that you will be here 2-3 years; buy instead.

Thanks XTang .... so there would be no problem taking it across to Bahrain every day?

No problem.  You just need authorization from the bank / lease company.  It's updated online in Saudi customs.  Then you buy insurance in Bahrain for 3rd party for a longer period as you enter Bahrain for the first time from the causeway (comprehensive covers damage to your car only - Bahrain/Saudi 3rd party is separately purchased). 

The same is the process from the other side i.e. Bahrain but since you won't have a proper residence or bank account there (assuming), it would be more expensive.