Can i ship my car to HMC just for personal use

Hi Girls and Guys

Can i ship my car to HMC just for personal use ? dose anyone know the rules on this with there car tax ?

Lenniexlondon wrote:

Hi Girls and Guys

Can i ship my car to HMC just for personal use ? dose anyone know the rules on this with there car tax ?

With 50%+ import tax, you'll make a lot of government agents happy  :D

Yep i just found a article looks like its a pain in the backside as well  :mad:

Lenniexlondon wrote:

Yep i just found a article looks like its a pain in the backside as well  :mad:

I feel you need to be brave anyway to drive a car in Vietnam. If you happen to hit a motorbike, you could have an angry mob gather around you. Maybe i'm just too paranoid.

think that might just be you, was alright in my mate car last time i was there lol,  :huh:

“Paranoid”
In deed you are  :lol:

As far as the "angry mob" is concerned, he may be paranoid, but in terms of the danger of hit a motorcycle, rather not.

I've been driving motorbike and car in HCMC and surroundings for about 8 months.
I have seen many accidents between cars and motorcycles and I am not surprised at all. The Vietnamese motorcyclists seem to airate their brains on the motorbike. Or they replace their brains with motorcycle horns before driving.

No matter if you drive straight ahead or you are almost turned off already, they always go through in front of the car so that you have to brake to avoid a collision.

Only yesterday on the QL1A, I saw a father with his little daughter on the ground in front of a car. The car had driven straight ahead and the motorcyclist overtook the car on the right and then turned left just before him. It didn't occur to him to turn left behind the car.
The Vietnamese motorcyclists entrust their lives and the lives of their children to the other road users in the assumption that they are infallible. What a stupid and irresponsible conduct.

And if you are in such a situation or even fatally hurt someone, then you are really poor off. Even for the Vietnamese this is not a walk in the park (there was a case like this in my wife's family recently).

Once you have been in a situation where you are bathed by motorcycles in rush hour, you can weigh how obvious a collision with a motorcycle is.

Why on Earth would anyone want to bring their car here to drive? You can't move more than 10 mph for a few inches without hitting grid lock. Driving on the highway is terrible.  Too many tolls and way too many tour buses running like chickens with their heads cut off. Leave your driving desire at home and stick with motorbikes in the city or catch a ride with Grab.

I've just seen this.  :lol:

https://vnexpress.net/tin-tuc/cong-dong … 47590.html

https://vnexpress.net/tin-tuc/cong-dong … search_vne

It's really crazy in Saigon.

The issue car has been covered that much, more often, than Vietnam is long in inches.
The you want to read again is: NO

1: You must be planning on staying in VN a long time to consider importing your car into VN
2: If you pass all of the requirement, that means you have a nice new car you want to import into VN which means more taxes
3: Probably the car has a large engine which means more regulatory taxes
4: Then you get there and you crawl through traffic and worry that someone will sideswipe your car with their bikes,...
There are reasons why cars in VN are 3+ times more expensive than in the US. Importing yourself won't make that price any lower.

As far as a classic car, I think that's possible too because when I was there last, I was shocked to see a clone of my 1969 Mustang Convertible in front of my Grab. Don't know what the rules are for classics though.

The only vehicle, I would import for my personal use is heavy tank with Bull Bars. Anything else is a waste of money for moving alome.
Legal consequences still to be charged extra