Registering sim card

Hi

I have been having issue with new sim card for my HP, I am working in Jakarta on KITAS, but I have been told just kitas number is not enough to register the new sim card , I need to have number kartu keluarga which they say translate to family card number, I am single person with no family from where do I get it??  and it make no sense how do other people manage to register who work on kitas or visit Indonesia on long trips...

Did you go the service providers office or somewhere local? The service providers office should accept your kitas, passport details and address as proof or you being here. If you go the providers website it should tell you the same.

lukereg wrote:

Did you go the service providers office or somewhere local? The service providers office should accept your kitas, passport details and address as proof or you being here. If you go the providers website it should tell you the same.

The above should do it BUT some people aren't as well trained as they should be so they might well get it wrong.
I still get people insisting on my KITAS now, even after I show them my KTP.
It's just the odd poorly trained worker or bad manager in any given outlet.