Has anyone heard of UpWord English in Prague?

Hello everyone!

I recently got my TEFL certificate, so I've been looking for a job teaching English. 
I saw a job advertisement for UpWord English based in Prague.  I'd really like to send in my CV, but I find it strange that I can't find reviews about this company online! 

Does anyone know anything about this place? 

Thanks!

-Jo

Hello,

I just signed in and your message was the first thing I saw here :-)
I'm a director of a private language school in Prague and I know the staff from majority of the Prague language schools. However I never met anyone from UpWord English.
Never mind most of the schools here are desperately looking for teachers so there is a very good chance you would get full schedule in just few days.

Good luck :-)
Ladislav

Thank you Ladislav!

If you don't mind, could you tell me your opinions on other language schools in Prague?  Or even if there are some in smaller cities?  Since Prague is so popular, I thought it might be easier to find a job in a less populated city.

If anyone else reading this has some thoughts, I'd love to hear them!  :)

Have a great day!

-Jo

Hi, in Prague you can try these large language schools:
www.chc.czwww.glossa.czwww.spevacek.info

In Brno (second largest town):
www.ilcbrno.czwww.skolapark.cz

And obviously there are many more schools in both places.
If you decide to move to some smaller town, most likely you will be able to find teaching job easily, as there are few native speakers living out of Prague. If you write me which place you are looking to I might be able to recommend you a local school to start with.

L.

jmcg9 wrote:

Hello everyone!

I recently got my TEFL certificate, so I've been looking for a job teaching English. 
I saw a job advertisement for UpWord English based in Prague.  I'd really like to send in my CV, but I find it strange that I can't find reviews about this company online! 

Does anyone know anything about this place? 

Thanks!

-Jo

This is their Website > https://hanspaulka.upwordenglish.cz

They have a Facebook page, with just one review but 200+ likes.

Hi Jo,

I haven't been on expats for awhile so I just saw your comment. 

I know UpWord English well because I started it :)  We are not a language school though.  We are a small company that helps native English-speaking teachers work in the Czech public school system.

Here is the new website upwordenglish.cz

I hope you found a good place to work in Czech!

Best of luck,
Elaine