Residential Areas for India expats

Hi Friends.
I am planning a move to Nairobi against a job offer.
I am offered a package as below (family of 03):

2500 USD per month (after tax deduction) salary.
Furnished family accomodation in gated community (South C).
Car with mileage scheme.
Family health insurance.
Annual passage air-fare for family.
Standard paid leaves as per contract.
Work Permit for myself.
Dependent passes for family members.

School fees (01 child) and utility bills is my responsibility.

I have two sets of queries and request suggestions....

1) Is the package good enough for decent living in Nairobi and also some savings?
2) How is South C (gated community with security) a place for expat Indians? (Some senior employees of the company already stay here).

Thanks for your inputs & suggestions.

Regards.

Kenya is full of Indians so I do not think you have anything to worry about. Take the usual precautions as Security is a concern regardless of where you live. I would d keep an open mind and have friends from all backgrounds as this will give you chance to really experience Kenya

Thanks Ali for sharing your thoughts...

hello,$2500 thats a good buck ,also South c is full of Indian as well muslim community known as Somalis from kenya thus its a good neighbourhood to live

Hi aknairobi,
Have you found your suitable home ?When are you coming in ?I can hook you with the ideal home.

Were you able to manage bhaiya.??? Msg me on watsapp ***. Rgds

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the open forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system if necessary. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@shreyaschaurasia

Please do not post any contact details here on the open forum. It is unsafe to do so. Please use the message system for this.

Okay fine.....thanks

Hi guys, shall move to Nairobi end of Oct 2018.
Need an apartment region of Westlands,Kilimani, Riverside.
Can your help for accommodation. 2 bedroom will be OK. Or 1 cosy bedroom

Please extend your precious help

Hi can you help please

@Vashist Sreepaul

Check the housing section top of this page.

Hi All ,

I am moving to nairobi by this month end and working with an IT company.  They are providing accommodation in kileleshwa and out office is in westlands.  Company is also offering 750 usd per month if i want to arrange my own accommodation for a family of 3 including a 5 year old. Shall I stay in kileleshwa or look for good apartment in 750usd . Looking for furnished home.  Suggestions please.