Dutch fiance visa.. Is there such a thing

Hi.

Trying to navigate through the process of visas and forms while not messing it up..  Maybe someone can help...

Bf is a Dutch national living in Germany and I am a non European  living in England.  We are planning to get married at the end of the year in NL but settle and establish a home base in the UK. The problem is I NEED a visa to stay in the UK now.. and a fiance visa looks like the best route.. How, which forms and what's it called to get this from the Dutch govt to then have it recognized by the UK?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

To answer your direct question, the Dutch don't have a "fiancee visa" as such; they do have a family visa which covers spouse/partner.  To qualify for this, your relationship needs to meet the following criteria:

IND website wrote:

"A relationship is long-term and exclusive if the relationship can be considered a marriage. You can show this among other things by filling out a relationship declaration. In the relationship declaration, you and your partner declare that you are going to live together in the Netherlands. You are going to run a joint household. You also declare that you have an exclusive relationship with each other.

Whether the UK will allow you as a US citizen to remain in the UK with a Dutch residence permit is another matter and I suspect you may be returned to the USA.

Your other alternative would be to apply for a UK visa?

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you for the info. Still think it's might be possible with the Eea family visa in UK. If we can get it done before brexit actually takes place. Its just that the UK has a fiancé visa status which would make it easier to come back in forth to NL for the wedding plans..  What is this dutch relationship declaration called and is it recognized by the UK?

Hi again.  As a US passport holder and assuming you're in the UK legally, then you can travel to and fro between the UK/NL and stay for up to 90 days at a time without any visa requirements.  The Dutch relationship declaration is an appendix (so part of) to the Dutch IND family visa application form.

Thank you..