South African wanting to Move to Slovenia - Previously lived in Europe

Hi there everyone,

I would like to move to Slovenia, currently I live in south Africa. I have previously lived in the UK where I did my studies. My reasons to move there are for personal reasons. I would like to know where do I start with regards to finding work, getting the right documents etc. I have visited other countries in Europe and around Africa. I am fluent in English and thrive on learning. After my studies I worked for a company and eventually went on my own, I studied Beauty, hair, makeup artistry and worked in the film and media industry. How ever I left it after I fractured my hand and have got no control over it. I decided that I was not going to give up and began to do online courses in social media marketing, building websites and graphic design. I have grown my business from having nothing. I would not mind to work for a company or a boss and find that my current clients will still support me if I freelance to them when I do decide to leave. I have three children but they live with their father and we are divorced. This gives me the opportunity to travel and work abroad. Him and I have a mutual understanding which works to the benefits of the children. I would like to grow with a company and would appreciate anyone who can give me advise, help me with getting a position preferably in Maribro. I do not how ever hold a degree or diploma in what I do, a lot of it is self taught with online courses and Youtube, although my clients are willing to give a reference for the work I do for them. My passion has become marketing and building websites. I am constantly learning with online courses so that I can perfect my skills. Once I move I want to enroll in doing distance learning to get a qualification in marketing and IT. I am learning languages through apps, websites and tutorials, although when I move I will get a teacher for lessons in speaking, writing and understanding.

I would appreciate any help you could give and looking forward to your replies.

Kind Regards
Annie

Hi Annialaing,

I advise you to read an article about Finding work in Slovenia.You may also post your cv on Jobs in Slovenia section where your profile may interest a potential employer.

Good luck.

Anas,
Expat.com Team :)

Thank you very much for your help. I am however struggling to find out about visas. If you by any chance have it information about South Africans getting visas for Slovenia.

You have to visit your nearest Embassy in your home country.