Visa in Egypt

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to stay for a while in Egypt, God willing. I'm leaving from Canada and I'd like to know if you need to renew your visa if you're staying for a six month period. If so, how does it work?

Hi usmanfimbel, :top:

You can find useful information on visas and formalities under the sections:

- Visas in Egypt
-Formalities in Egypt

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Anas,
Expat.com Team :)

Hi Usmanfimbel,
In Reply to your post of 6th July 2018 - I have been coming to stay in Egypt (2 weeks to 6 months at a time) since 2014.
I always find it difficult to understand the Visa business in Egypt. During my recent visit, I noticed on 4/5 TV channels at the top left hand corner the heading: INVEST IN EGYPT.. I find this very strange. I have invested in Egypt but I have to renew my visa every few months and pay 500+ LE each time. I also pay £20 - £25 at the airport for an entry visa to Egypt.
After one year, all non-Egyptians have to leave Egypt for a day and return to Egypt to renew the visa. What is the Government of Egypt doing to persuade us to Invest in Egypt. I do not think that the people who want us to invest in Egypt know the concept of how to attract more tourists or business people into Egypt.
I love Egypt, and the welcoming, friendly people of Egypt, and not to mention the warm weather.
But, the Visa business and all the main business offices being in Cairo puts me off travelling to Egypt or to reduce my trips to Egypt in future and find another welcoming destination abroad.
I hope this makes sense...…...

Hello Usmanfimbel,

The first thing you will need to enter the country is the Egypt eVisa. You can obtain this visa at the airport but I recommend that you apply online before your trip (https://www.onlinevisa.com/egypt-visa/ is a trustworthy website)

Doing it online will save you time and avoid long queues at the airport, especially if you fly into Cairo, where there are always many tourists.

However, the Egyptian eVisa is only valid for 30 days. So, once your document has expired, you can go to any visa office and request an extension of your travel permit.

Visa extension is normally valid for 3-6 months and has a cost of 25 USD ($). You can repeat this process until your stay in Egypt is up to 365 consecutive days.

After being in Egypt for a year, you will have to leave the country and return to Egypt the same day or the next day.

You will have to repeat the same process as the previous one each time, since you can not stay in Egypt for more than a year, unless you have a residence visa (very difficult to obtain)

All the best, God willing!

Doro.

Dear Dorothy,
I don't know if you have noticed that you were replying to an almost three years old post...
But actually you could help me with one thing you have mentioned: "... you can go to any visa office ...". Would it be possible for you to drop here the addresses and/or phone numbers on two or three of such "visa offices" in Cairo (preferably downtown)?
That would be great, thank you in advance!
Best regards,
Friedrich