Does having SCE license give advantage to get CRPEP approval?

Hello Everyone

Am an engineer working in Saudi Arabia for more than 5 years. I have license from Saudi Council of Engineers. I have applied for Crpep license with all the related documents.

My question is how long it will take to get the approval from Crpep?
Will have a Saudi license give me any advantage?

As far as I know, no.  There is no GCC wide engineering body or indeed any kind of understanding on conversion like there is for driving licenses.  It will be the standard process.

I don't know about the exact timelines but usually it takes 3 weeks plus.

I agree - possessing a Saudi license would not give any particular advantage. The local registration is a standalone process.

What is the typical time duration it is taking for completion of CRPEP registration these days? Any one whose registration was done recently can you please share.

It's max 60 days from the date of application.
For me it was approved exactly on the 58th day.

Good Day! I would like to ask on how did you apply for CRPEP when your in KSA? Did you do it online or did you send all your documents via courier to CRPEP Bahrain? Than you!

arparpmalabanan wrote:

Good Day! I would like to ask on how did you apply for CRPEP when your in KSA? Did you do it online or did you send all your documents via courier to CRPEP Bahrain? Than you!

HI there,

I did not apply for it by myself. It was applied through the employer to apply for my work visa. First the employer submits all the required documents online.  Once approved, the employer sends the original documents with a company representative for verification. After verification, the license is issued instantly.

The approval is needed for the employer to apply for work visa.
A valid cpr is needed to issue the license (like the employee arrives in Bahrain and gets the cpr issued)

Thank you for your response.

I dont get the CPR part. Because how can I go to Bahrain and get CPR if im still applying a working visa here in KSA?

Pls check your inbox for further clarification

Can you please send me the same clarification, I also didn't understand same part.

Pls check ur inbox for further clarification