Moving to mauritius

Good evening.

I am Angela Howell. We will be moving to Mauritius in the next couple of months. I have 2 kids. My daughter is 3 and my son is 1 and a half.
We are so excited to move over. My daughter has already placed her order for the house she wants.
I run my own business and my husband is in the construction industry.
It would be awesome to meet other Moms in the North of the island.
Kind regards
Ange

Good morning Angela,
I am lovena living in the north of Mauritius. From where are you from?? I would be glad to help you. ***

Moderated by Anas 5 years ago
Reason : For your own security,do not share your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Good morning Ladies,

I am Candi.  My husaband John & I will also be moving to Mauritius shortly with our 17 year old son and are interested in a house near Cap Mellereaux. 

I am in fact in the process of getting tickets to come over to view it this week and to visit employment agencies etc regarding work.  I believe we need to get a work permit?  He also has his own business - he is a registered gas installer as well as a qualified instrument technician but i read that to have your own business in Mauritius involves a whole thread of red tape, hence my suggestion for him to rather work for someone?

I have also been my own boss whilst living in Cape Town, i started a company called the Virtual PA which offers business men & women the service of doing secretarial work for them offsite and i only charge for the actual hours worked instead of being 'paid to do nothing' whilst sitting in the office waiting for a call or a task :)

As above, i was concerned about carrying this on hence i am also looking for employment but perhaps you ladies know something i don't about work? 

I hope to meet you both one day and enjoy sundowners looking out over the incredibly beautiful Mauritian ocean.

You will need a work permit or occupation permit to work here. To get occupation permit while you are in Mauritius you have to enter Mauritius on business visa, not on visiting visa. If you enter on visiting visa, you have to leave and reenter Mauritius on business visa to apply for occupation permit.