Where to live in Hampshire?

Hello, we are moving to UK soon as my husband got a job in Basingstoke and we have no clue about the area.
We have no kids and like outdoors, swimming as well as going out to movies, bars, shopping and walking around town.
We will like to commute easily to London, so a middle point between Basingstoke and London would be nice. We are looking for a nice neighborhood (meaning no Chavs) and preferably walking distance from train station and city bars, movement etc. 
We do not want to do more than 30 min from Basingstoke or 45 to London, any ideas? I hear not very good things about Basingstoke so I am looking for alternatives not at expensive as Winchester. (Maybe around 1200 to 1400 for a 2 bed? Which I am not sure is cheap or expensive?)
Thanks for all the ideas and support your can give me!

I'd recommend checking out Camberley.

Thanks!

The best city between Basingstoke, United Kingdom and London, United Kingdom to meet is Woking, United Kingdom which is about 5 miles from the exact midpoint.

The town that marks the exact halfway point is actually Egham, United Kingdom. The exact latitude and longitude coordinates are 51° 23' 24" N and 0° 34' 5" W.

The closest major city that is roughly halfway is Camberley, United Kingdom. The total driving distance from Basingstoke, United Kingdom to London, United Kingdom is 52 miles or 84 kilometers.

Each person would then have to drive about 26 miles to meet in the middle. It will take about 34 minutes for each driver to arrive at the meeting point.