Best savings interest rates in Bahrain

Hi,

I have been searching the Bahrain bank websites to find the best interests on savings accounts and deposits. Not much info online and seems I have to call each bank for the details. Has anyone done any research on this and which banks did you find had the best offers?

Thanks in advance.

Interest rates keep changing based on world markets e.g. US Fed rates and the local inter-bank borrowing rates.  And putting liquidity situation on top, the banks decide how much premium to put on deposits - if liquidity is bad for a bank, they pay more. The spread varies but the difference between each bank would not be that much; maybe a max of 20-40 basis points for the same product. 

In my experience, it is not worth shopping around for rates unless you are placing sizeable deposits i.e. $100K plus.  And even then, bank interest rates on hard currencies are next to nothing on a monthly or even yearly basis.   It is only when you go into multi-million dollar ranges that the rates start yielding respectable numbers but still much much lower than other investment types.  Risk and return concept.

Best investments are into property for long term or into equity/leveraged funds for short term gains.