Job Employment

Good day!

Im currently a fresh college graduate with no working experience yet, but im willing to work here in the philippines, but i have applied to so many companies mainly the BPO companies, but i keep on hearing the same thing, "Im sorry sir but you need a work permit before we can hire you" I get so confused hearing that. so i went to DOLE office here in Cebu city, and they gave me lists of requirements needed for a AEP, but then the 3 list states i need an employment contract. Right now, i dont know what to do. Because no company is willing to hire me and assist me with the AEP because most of the requirements comes from them. So right, does anyone know which companies helps foreign expats with processing with the AEP? I wouldnt mind any job position given so far as i have acquired the AEP. PLease help me.

http://www.ble.dole.gov.ph/index.php/we … ent-permit

Duly accomplished Application Form;
Photocopy of Passport, with visa or Certificate of Recognition for refugees;
Contract of Employment/ Appointment or Board Secretary's Certificate of Election;
Photocopy of Mayor's Permit to operate business or in case of locators in economic zones, Certification from the PEZA or the Ecozone Authority that the company is located and operating within the ecozone; and
Photocopy of current AEP (if for renewal)

I wonder if the companies you've approached simply aren't interested in hiring foreigners over locals, or maybe you just aren't what they're looking for.

As a foreigner, your chances of finding just any  employment in a country that has over a 20% unemployment rate are about one in one thousand!

You're right on the first one, because one company told me directly they would be hiring filipinos first before they could hire any foreigner, which i understand, but then almost all just keeps on telling me, i need a work permit frist, because the job i applied for is just the same as what the local is applying for.

Hmm.. that's true.  :(

artzcarl wrote:

Good day!

Im currently a fresh college graduate with no working experience yet, but im willing to work here in the philippines, but i have applied to so many companies mainly the BPO companies, but i keep on hearing the same thing, "Im sorry sir but you need a work permit before we can hire you" I get so confused hearing that. so i went to DOLE office here in Cebu city, and they gave me lists of requirements needed for a AEP, but then the 3 list states i need an employment contract. Right now, i dont know what to do. Because no company is willing to hire me and assist me with the AEP because most of the requirements comes from them. So right, does anyone know which companies helps foreign expats with processing with the AEP? I wouldnt mind any job position given so far as i have acquired the AEP. PLease help me.

Finding a job in philippines as an expat is like finding a needle in a haystack. The Information you got from AEP is actually true, however what they mostly forget to add or let's say don't care to tell you is : companies are only allowed to hire an expat for employment if only the job can not be done by any filipino citizen. That means, no filipino is either high in education, experience or can not speak the language that the job is demanding.  That is why the only easy way to get an employment in the philippine is working in the BPO companies where the demand of other languages is seeked.

So you speaking only English Language, a fresh college graduate with no working experience are no different from the many filipinos. You may be the best among the many that will be called for an interview but remember is not your country and you are not on permanent residency visa hence not supposedly to be treated equally like a citizen. You may, as you already indicated have a lot companies wanting you, but no one willing to help out with the process. This is all because if they apply for your work visa it will get denied as the job they are offering can be easily done by a filipino citizen.

You chances are slim to none in getting employment.

Best Wishes.

Engineering office job for chilean, we have a lot experience in mining engineering