Long distance casting for big fish ?

Can't wait to start shore fishing again after having hanged up my fishing rods 5 years ago.
Time to wipe the dust off my rods and to take out all my reels, service it, strip off all the old line and spool new ones on them.

I'm after big fish off the beach, so will have to find some rigs suitable for long distance casting with fish as bait... any ideas anyone pls ?
:)

i love to fish and have a buddy who wants to also......get in touch with me, my name is marv.. [email protected] or just reply back here

Off-Topic, mtpocket: is that a Road King Classic or a Heritage on the picture? Nice color!

heritage  03...........love it

Nice! just got a fat boy '11

I've worked in holland and in curacaou, where are you from?

bhaas wrote:

Off-Topic, mtpocket: is that a Road King Classic or a Heritage on the picture? Nice color!

bhaas wrote:

mine is an 03 with a few mods, lets get together and talk bikes sometime. you ride here?

mtpocket wrote:

I've worked in holland and in curacaou, where are you from?

bhaas wrote:

Holland...

mtpocket wrote:
bhaas wrote:

mine is an 03 with a few mods, lets get together and talk bikes sometime. you ride here?

Let's do that! Will send you a message soon!

no shit holland...........i was trying to strike up idle conversation.....

lol! how long you've worked/been there? and how is your dutch these days?

bhaas wrote:

lol! how long you've worked/been there? and how is your dutch these days?

I speak no dutch....worked off and there for 3 years, it was some of the best work I have been on. curacauo was awesome, I worked there for 6 months. I have been here about 2 years so far.

Thanks mtpocket.. will do when I get over and officially an expatriate and have settled a bit, cheers !

Well done bhass and mtpocket ... that's what I like about forums... it brings like minded people with the same interest together... glad my thread succeeded in getting you guys on the road... home run on the first pitch, yes !  lol  :D

Fishing isn't what it used to be in Kuwait specially this year. Seems something's wrong with the water or the people!!

I've been fishing here since 1996. Once you get here I can give you some good fishing spots from the shore as well as inside the sea.

Normally the biggest fish you can catch is called "Hamour".

For fishing in Kuwait you dont need big rigs, the biggest you can use would be 05 size and the mostly used size for all kinds of fish is from 2 to 02.

Hi moe29. Thanks for the info and the offer to share with me your vast knowledge of fishing in Kuwait. Really appreciate your generosity.
Hamour would be nice, yes hehe :)
Probably will have to time my fishing to the tides time-table I guess. Lucky the internet provides a tidal forecast for Kuwait.
Will have to ask you recommend a fishing tackle supplier to stock up on weights. sizes ? To heavy for my baggage on the airflight hahaha...
Will let you know when I will be able to start once I've arrived and able to settle a bit. Cheers :)

My pleasure mate. There is lots of suppliers but usually I buy from Salmiya there is a small store there just next to the Salmiya Co-op "supermarket". They sell cheaper from anywhere else I know.

Otherwise there's lots of suppliers in the Fish Market buy Souq Sharq which is a mall by the sea side.

Buzz me whenever needed =)

Hi Moe,

I'm into fishing myself...I've tried lots of different fishing locations in q8, but I can agree with you, the fishing seems to be getting worse year by year, can you suggest any good locations?