VISA info , health insurance.

Is proof of health insurance required to get long term visa? The where can I get a comprehensive guide for moving to Vietnamese?

sandgroper2 wrote:

Is proof of health insurance required to get long term visa? The where can I get a comprehensive guide for moving to Vietnamese?

To the best of my knowledge proof of health insurance is not required for any kind of VN visa / VEC / TRC etc.
If you can tell us what type of 'long term' visa you're after others in the same category can give you a more specific answer.

Thanks. I want to live in Vietnam indefinitely and exit a few times a year. I'm 71 and have sufficient funds. In Thailand I had a retirement visa, good for a year at a time. Never had to do visa runs. Something similar would be great. I have been taking out travel insurance in Australia but that is cancelled each time I return to Oz by the Ins. co. Indonesia requires a one year insurance and one year accomodation rental contract. No good for me. Looking forward to all comments.

Unfortunately Vietnam doesn't have any retirement visa as such. As a non-US citizen you have two choices.
- 3 month tourist visa. Every 3 months you need to do a quick border-run to renew your visa.
- 1 yr business visa (multi entry) for an uninterrupted 1 yr stay.

HAHA

Actually, they just made it the law that that a long term employee must be given legal health insurance from the state.

somehow - my employer failed to notice that when  i had an accident. he gave me my last months paycheck and a 200k bonus.

great guy