Family moving to Shenzen in July

Greetings everyone,
We are moving to Shenzen in July/ August of this year.

I am English and my wife is Czech, I have a job to come to but at the moment my wife only has an S1 visa, does anyone know if it`s possible to find employment once in the country? Her English is very good and she has taught English to infant and Primary children in schools although she is not a qualified teacher. ( She has a degree in Adult Education )

Also My daughter is 16, she is an excellent sprinter and she would like to join at athletics club in Shenzen, can anyone give us any leads or contacts regarding this.

I am a rugby coach, are there any rugby clubs in the area?

if anyone has any advice on where to rent a flat that would be greatly appreciated. Area, company etc.

kind regards

Andy

Welcome.

Your wife can apply at various schools. As long as she has a foreign face she can get a job. However, whether or not she can get a Z-visa to work is another issue. She will likely need a ESL or TESOL or equivalent. You can get it on line and 50 hours, or in a week if you do it full time, you can get the certificate. She has a 4 year degree and experience teaching, so she will be ok.

Shenzhen will be shock to your system. many things you cannot plan in advance. Just come and expect to feel you way about when you arrive. Coworkers will help you out.

There is a decent sized expat community in SZ of which folk from England seems to dominate. Welcome. The only problem is that most of my English friends have a very difficult time getting around to adapting to the idea of "flexible" contracts. In England a contract is a contract and that is that. In China is is more like a set of guidelines subject to change.

Other than that you will be fine.

Most Americans kind of high tail it back to the states after a few months. Not so with the Brits. I think that proximity of HK really gives you a full taste of home, not to mention all the London Cabs everywhere.

Don't worry. You will be fine. BR.