House/Room Rent in Ho chi Minh

Going to move to Ho chi minh, Anyone have same thought that the house/room rent in this city quite expensive?  One room can cost around 300 USD. It is true?

Hi Kaikai1992,

Please feel free to check the articles about accommodation here : https://www.expat.com/en/guide/asia/vie … ation.html , you may find some useful information.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

From my experience, US$300 is a very low price for an apartment, but is a more feasible price for a room in a shared apartment in Saigon inner districts.

I've had three furnished studio apartments (meaning one room with a bathroom) which I would say were middle market, because I don't like trashy places, and didn't want to pay for swank places. In Binh Thanh and District 5. Two were serviced, meaning it included a lady cleaning twice a week, and providing sheets for the bed. Paid between $400 and $525 without utilities (add ~ $75).

You said "house/room" rent. Houses of course have many rooms. Some people rent houses or large apartments with several roommates, where each person has a "room", like their own bedroom, then everyone shares the kitchen and bath. That is another alternative, generally cheaper than your own apartment.