Are Split AC system here precharged with freon?

I've informed my husband that if we are spending longer amounts of time here in mid summer...I need AC! Just to cut the heat/humidity in the bedroom...but, are they all set to go? Our house was prewired for a split AC in both bedrooms, and my hubby is super handy...so we're hoping hang connect and go!

We have to go to SD today anyway...any where we should shop for an investor tech two room split AC? Gracias!

Hi no they need to be correctly installed and then they are charged with freon. Your husband cannot do it and if you don't use a proper Tech you may void the warranty.  Usually purchase includes basic install!

But can anyone who sells AC units also install? Husband is electrician...but, we would need someone to add the freon...we buying in the capital...so, they probably aren't coming to Cabrera to install??

NO you need THEIR technician to install or ANY technician NOT your husband or you will void the warranty honey.  Pay the technicians!

Ok... bowing to your expertise :thanks:

Just dont want you to have problems and get screwed

If a business is selling them, it follows that they would install or have a deal with licensed techs. If they don't, don't buy from them.

Planner has this 100% - Don't try to save money, save the hassle by getting it done properly.
Buy from a professional shop and use their tech guys - keeps the warranty as stops all the stress and swearing.

Gracias Fred. One comment - nothing will stop the swearing!!!  :D:D:D

planner wrote:

Gracias Fred. One comment - nothing will stop the swearing!!!  :D:D:D

True, but other people do it for you. :D

Hahahahahahaha! Thanks I needed that giggle.  Its Friday people!!!!!  Thank goodness!

Done properly doesn't really mean letting the store people install...my husband will be watching...a 'professional' has screwed up just about every thing possible here (and frankly not better in the states)  Pool, roof paint, wall paint, plumbing, electrical, ...everything has to be corrected by my husband when we are here after the professional install.  But, if you have no idea what you are doing, definitely start with these 'professionals'.  Ask anyone "Do you understand ___________?" The answer is always "Yes"...

So to answer my original posted question. Yes. Split A/C system come with the freon in it already. AND in order to not void the warranty we had to wait 10 days after purchase...in the heat (haha) for it to be 'professionally' installed which means the Dominican guy watched astounded as my husband showed him the correct way to make a 220 connection and what a level is and how it can adversely affect performance over time with the compressor if it's tilted..."sigh" I knew it...but, now I have A/C in bedroom...and now I know how hot the rest of the house really is....hahaha...

Yayyyy and you have a warranty!!!  Sorry you had to wait 10 days but it's the season!!!