Advice Needed

Hi there, my name is Sarah and I'm from Sydney Australia. My husband has been offered a job starting in August 2018 in Muscat. I won't be moving till December 2018. We have three children who are 12,10 and 4. I wanted to ask about schools, where to live and also work for myself... I am a primary school teacher , with a bachelor of Education , I also have a Masters of Education with a major in school leadership and a diploma in Montessori....

Looking forward to any advice

Thank you in advance

Sarah

Hi Sarah Dehouche,

The place of your residence has to be in and around where your husband is going to be working. Long commutes daily across town wouldn't be a wise idea.

Schools are aplenty in Muscat. Again, putting your kids in any of the International Schools would be an expensive proposition. So whether or not they can study there would largely depend on your husband's position and income.

Alternatively, if you are lucky enough to find employment in any of the International School, then enrolling your children in the same school would be feasible.

Since you can be considered as a 'native English speaker', the chances of you landing a teaching job seems far better compared to a non-native English speaker.

Lastly, do spend some time reading the numerous other informative posts already available on the forum to get a grip on what to expect prior to your arrival to the Sultanate.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. My husband will be working at the international airport. I have read through a lot of the threads and have found some useful stuff.

Thanks again

advice you to look for private and international schools