Loving My Life

My partner of 46 years and I moved here 2 years ago and have not had any regrets in our choice.  Puerto Vallarta is a beautiful, welcoming city, that allows an excellent standard of living at a fraction of the cost in the USA.

We moved here from Tampa, both on fixed incomes, and are able to live the lifestyle we prefer; which was no longer affordable in Florida or any other state we looked into.  We eat out 3 times a week, have a cleaning lady, entertain, travel, and pay rent and utilities on an income of about $3600 per month.

We find the people here to be friendly, accommodating, and hard working.  While one could live here and never speak Spanish, attempting to do so goes a long way with the locals.  We know enough to get by day by day; and friends help us out in business situations so things do not get missed in the translation.

We rent our house and live off of the Rio Cuale in the foothills of the Sierra Madre Mountains, in Puerto Vallarta.  We live among the locals and have had some cultural shocks, but in the long run we have adjusted easily.  We Uber as a car would almost be a liability, and rent when we have the desire to take road trips. 

The food markets close by are fantastic with quantity, quality, freshness, and price.  For those less adventurous there are 24 hour super markets.  Prices and quality are better at the local markets, but still priced well at stores.

Healthcare here is very affordable, and as with most situations in Mexico, shopping for the best price is recommended.  Doctors and facilities are top notch, and care is extremely professional and readily available.  Medications, sans narcotics and antibiotics, are all available over the counter without scripts.

We would highly recommend that people looking to eave the USA and Canada give serious consideration to Mexico, and in particular, Puerto Vallarta.  We are thrilled that we chose to immigrate here.

In our case, we moved 1 year ago no regrets.
We decided on a smaller town but still close to Puerto Vallarta.
As said above, we also rent an apartment, no car travel by bus 50% discount, good local food (trees are full of mangos, cranberries, limes, etc..), very nice local neighbourhood, eat out 3 times a week, cost of living less than Canada, good medicare with IMSS.

Adios y buen dia a todos, GyC.