Non teaching jobs in China

Hello everyone,

I'm considering moving to China for work.

Can anyone explain to me how to find job for foreigners who are not English teachers?

Is it even possible that someone who works in sales, real estate, consulting, management, marketing can find a job in some of there industries?

Which cities are best when we talk of opportunities and potentials?
I would really appreciate if someone give me a list of the best web sites for job seekers.

Thank you in advance

Stefan

Hi

I would suggest you to find a job online before your arrival at china . otherwise you may be in real trouble.

When I arrived in China, I had over 25 years experience as a design engineer. I specialized in offshore manufacture for both the electronics and appliance industries. Yet, I was unable to find work in my field.

So I taught English. I did this while I was looking for a job in my field.

It took me three years.

Moving to China is not something to take likely. Do not assume that your skills are directly transferable. They are not. Do not expect you to be given any preferences or advantage. You won't get any.

China is a meritocracy run by nerds. You had best be ready to adapt to their way of doing things, or you will fail. You will be just another expat trying to get an angle or trying to "work a deal". Don't even bother trying. That ship has sailed ten years ago.

If you want to make it in China, you will need to be ready to DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to achieve your goals and your dreams. It will not be easy. I worked 12 hour days when I taught. that was 9 to 9 without a break, then I went home and conducted job searches while exhausted. Are you ready to do the same?

Anyways, I am sorry for being so blunt. You should come here on vacation first. Scout out the area first and then do some soul searching. Man, if you are not willing to do some prelim recon then you will not make it here. Most Americans fold up and leave after two months because it is so different.

Remember, you will be competing against hard working nerds. Who will do what ever it takes to succeed. Are you willing to compete against that?