Visa issue

Dear

Can please anyone help me.

My contract with my company is for 24 months, but i am provided a visa of 12 months only which ends up on july 18th next month. the notice period in this company is 3 months.

I got a new  job recently and have signed a contract with new company so i asked my old company to release me by 18th july and i am not interested to proceed with visa renewal, but somehow the stage 1 approved in old company and they paid some amount.

now as my new company asked for tax clearance i asked my current company to  provide me with tax clearance letter. they are asking me to pay 3 months and visa cost too. I am really stuck.

If my company doesn't cancel my visa and i exit Malaysia on 18th july where my visa expires on same date, will my new employer will be able to hire me. I will exit Malaysia and enter so that i dont want any release letter from them.

How can i do my tax clearence tooo please anyone help me.

Regards

If the Stage I approval is already obtained from immigration under the current employer for the 1 yr extension, this will block any further immigration processes being carried out until it is cancelled (removed).

Tax clearance requires  Leavers Certificate from the current employer.

who is the concerned person who can cancel this i can pay for the amount shall i contact the immigration directly. Please help

Regards

Grishma

Current company only can cancel

May be worth checking via MDeC or ESD your current status, if you want 100% proof of situation.

Read your contract of employment for details of notice/leaving process. If it says you have to pay 3 months salary in lieu of notice that is what you have agreed to.

thanks a ton one more question as my notice period is 3 months and as my visa expires on 18th July is there anyway i can avoid to pay the money of three months any suggestions i am really stuck here...any issues in immigration they will create for me for this.

If you leave on 18th with nothing sorted out you can wave goodbye to working in Malaysia.

There is a small chance of getting stopped by immigration for not having done your tax clearance as  leaver i.e. end of EP.

i understand just wanted to ask if my current employer doesn't provide me leaver form can i directly go to tax office with tickets and all to clear it, i will pay the stage 1 money to the company and will leave sorry i know i am really asking you a lottt dear

You need the Tax Leavers Form from the company

I guess you have been paying 28% non-resident tax so worth sorting it out and getting a tax refund. Count your 182 days carefully.

Dear i have been working in Malaysia since last 10 years this is my second company.
so the 28% tax all issue is not there, it was when i joined Malaysia for the firts time only.

Yah after probation is over i need to serve for 3months but as my visa is finishing on 18th July do i still need to pay this.

Regards

Grishma

Depends what it says in your contract i.e. does it state you will be charged salary in lieu of notice?

They informed come wat May visa cost only, is there anyway they ca  hold my leavers form

I ca  pay them the visa cost I need leaver form to clear my tax