Expat 6K MYR offer from MNC | India, Software Engineer, Single

Hi All,

I got an slary offer of 6k MYR from MNC company based in Kuala Lumpur. I'm from India, have 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, Single & thinking to accept the offer. I have never been to Malaysia.

Is 6k is good salary for my experience or should I ask more?

How much it will cost for a bachelor to stay in Kuala Lumpur?

Can I save anything after all the tax deductions, living expenses? Company is not providing anything I'm on my own.

Also suggest on labour laws & any prerequisites I have to look out.

I have to provide confirmation by tomorrow, please  suggest I really need it right now.

Thanks

They might ask you to pay for visas n stuff
Don't pay anything
Lot of scams around offering fantastic salaries

RM6k is OK for 3 years experience. Tax is 28% for 182 days then low rates once tax resident. Expenses will be about RM2-3k per month. Biggest expense is accommodation but flat sharing is available. More expensive living close to KL City Centre than in suburbs. Its only legal to arrive on special single entry visa (VDR) obtained from Malaysian HC or Consulate before departure (i.e. its not an online tourist visa)

Websites
Property
www.ibilik.mywww.iproperty.com.my

Cost of Living
Expatistan
Numbeo

Only consider offer if it represents a 30% higher salary.

6k is OK with 3 years experience. Just remember try to save as much can.   Mostly companies offer 1st flight ticket, 1 month accommodation and sometimes joining bonus to settle.  Can negotiate for these facilities.

Where is the location of job ?

Location is Jalan Ampang, KL city walk.

Hi Rahul,

For a bachelor, 6k is decent offer to spend & save. Basically your major expense would be your room rent and how often you dine/drink outside! That will drive your expense in the long run.

Thanks guys for all the inputs!!! :)