Help regarding National D Type Visa with a sponsor

Hi there, I am Lilian from India. I am applying for a National D Type Visa to Poland with an invitation from my friend who will sponsor the whole trip. I intend to visit Poland for a year (August 2018- August 2019) for the purpose of visiting my friend and her family, as well as explore Poland and perhaps the neighbouring Schengen states later in the year.

The thing is, I recently completed my Bachelors of Art in Journalism, English and Psychology 3 weeks ago, which means I'm not a student anymore and I am also not employed. I have been freelancing as a copywriter for the past 8 months for extra pocket money but I don't think that counts as formal employment.

I need help with the following:

1. What documents would I have to present at the time of my appointment at the consulate?
I already have the official invitation from my sponsor, her bank statement of the previous 3 months, a flight ticket, as well as medical insurance. And of course the application form.
I also requested for a bonafide certificate cum course completion certificate from my university.

2. I will be staying with my friend in her house. Is the official invitation enough for proof of accommodation or do we have to get something else?

3. What should I mention in my cover letter? Since there is no itinerary for my year in Poland, what should I write about?

My appointment is this Monday (2nd of July 2018). Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Dziękuję! :)

P.S.: I have gone through the embassy's official website dozens of times, searched all over the internet, called up the consulate(they never picked up), emailed them (they redirected me to the website) -- still could not find answers. They have information for those who are going to work/study with the National D Type Visa, but no information for cases like mine.

Basically people from India got to Poland or Europe on  short stay Tourist/business Visa and you want to go on a long stay D visa (doesn't sound good)
On the other hand you are neither a student nor in service or business so that makes it difficult to assess how will you be able to support yourself in Poland and if your paper's don't prove to the Embassy about your financial strength then they would assume you might not return to India after your said trip.(Visa will be denied)

think of what you can show to the embassy about your finances.
if still need help than do ask me.
Regards

Tarun

Oh thank you Tarun. :)

Would it suffice if I provide my brother's financial documents? Since he was the one supporting me financially as a student in India.

I have a valid visa and residence card for Oman where my parents reside. There are several stamps on my passport which show that I visit them often. Would it aid to mention that in my application?

Also, would it help if I get a job offer letter from the person I've been freelancing for for the past 8 months? I will actually work in his company full time after my holiday.

Yes that would  be a plus point and do mention all that in the covering letter (that your brother will be paying for your trip and all the expenses during that) supported by a letter from your brother and his bank statements/Deposits and any other deposit or property in your name will be even better.
Make sure that your letter and your brothers letter state that you will be going to Oman to join your family or to find a job after your year long holiday.(Attach you residence card and Visa's copy)
Your sponsor's current employment/business status i.e letter of employment or business registration also to be included , the invitation letter should be certified from Poland competent authority.
All the best and if you need any other help don't hesitate to ask.

regards
Tarun

Yes you can get that too.