Colegio Gran Bretana Vs Colegio Nueva Granada

Hello all!
I know there is another thread about international schools, but I'm looking for updated information (last non question was 2015). 

We are moving to Bogota next summer and need to pick the right school for older students. 
I have 3 kids—11th grade, 8th grade, and 6th grade.

I've gone through the websites for both schools but would love to hear your thoughts.  I'm most concerned about my 11th grader coming in for his last two years and being accepted, able to make friends, and not bullied for being new.  I love Bretaña's smaller class sizes...is it worth the drive??

Thanks in advance!

CarolinaGirl19 wrote:

We are moving to Bogota next summer and need to pick the right school....

I'm most concerned about my 11th grader coming in for his last two years and being accepted, able to make friends, and not bullied for being new.  I love Bretaña's smaller class sizes... is it worth the drive??

Dear Carolina Girl,

Welcome to the Colombia forums of expat.com...

If practical, pick a school first, then an appropriate nearby neighborhood.

The idea is to reduce or eliminate your morning "rush" hour in traffic-challenged Bogotá.

cccmedia in lightly-trafficked Depto. de Nariño

Hi,
We've decided to go for Gran Bretaña - she is in 11th grade as well and will start in August. We were advised against sending her to very Colombian schools. Two main reasons: -groups are well established in Colombian schools making integration  much harder for new comers.
Also language, Gran Bretaña is taught in English with an IB curriculum. The rest of schools combine teaching in English and in Spanish. Given that we are going back to the UK switching to Spanish makes no sense. Hope this helps.... we don't know the outcome yet. Carolina
Ps: Pm me if you have more questions

Good day! we are relocating to Bogota next july, transferred from my job. Currently living in Panama, our daughter attends a British school, 100% in English with British curriculum. checking school options in Bogota, CGB seems to be the only one that covers all. Is there any one that might help me with an average on the monthly fee (including transportation and meals) as well as the "entry donation"? I can not find that info online. Additionally would like to understand if there is any option on arrangement. Other schools mentioned that if the entry fee is paid, the monthly tuition decreases. Thanks in advance!

Dear Ninatola,

Welcome to the Colombia forums of expat.com ...

Gran Bretaña's admissions department has a welcoming online presence for prospective families. 

Query the school in English at www.cgb.edu.co and ask whatever you want.

cccmedia