Nigerian Food Market

Greetings!

I just moved to Germany and I will like to know how some Nigerians have been surviving as regards getting Nigerian food items.

1.) Am based in Wolfsburg/Braunchsweig, any Afro markets near this location, I could not find any in Wolfsburg (which I can understand :) )

2.) Are there any food or ingredients in Germany that is similar to any major Nigerian food?

3.) Is there an online website that I can order Nigerian food items and that can deliver anywhere in Germany?

I just want to know how you have been surviving in terms of food..

Thanks for your time

After a quick Google search, I found this site. I don't know how good it is. https://allnigerianfoods.com/shop

There are also a few African restaurants dotted around Germany, they must be getting the ingredients from somewhere. I guess it depends on what you want.

Try German food - it is easily available everywhere, cheaper than any ethnic cuisine and tastes quite good, too!

As he is living in Germany, I'm sure the guy has been eating German food the whole time and I agree that German food is quite good, but he is probably home sick and want to eat Nigerian food. So, I guess suggesting him to eat German food doesn't really relate to his question here does it? So what's the meaning of this reply? Just to reply every post here? Sorry but, I'm just trying to understand.

He indicated that he thinks it is difficult/impossible to survive without Nigerian food.
I just wanted to hint that that is not true, and in fact millions in this country manage to survive without it.

There are not really large communities of Africans in Germany cities – with the possible exception of the largest cities like Berlin, Hamburg and Munich. But there are many large supermarkets, including many with exotic ingredients. If you don't find something in the internet then maybe look for African restaurants and ask where they get their supplies. There seems to be a number of such restaurants in Stuttgart but I don't know how typical that is. There are also many African shops that seem to specialize in haircare products. Although they won't be selling food, they should know their customer base and possibly any local organizations catering to Nigerians or others from West Africa.

Google is your friend.

Hope this helps.

Hello everyone, I'm Okeke Samson Michael by name...I'm residence in Nigeria and I deal on edible palm oil.

Pls, I'm looking for an African/Nigerian store in Germany where I can sell my product to. Pls anyone with a good information about that should let me know or drop link or contact address of any of such store.

You can WhatsApp or text me on the the number below. Thanks and have a good day!

[moderated]
Okekesam01: There are only few Nigerian or other African stores here in Germany - and also not many Nigerian communities big enough to warrant one. I suggest you use Google to find the few that exist, contact African organisations (e.g. trade associations) or wholesalers.
It would also be good to research whether small-scale export of such oils is feasible - very often in the EU, the hygiene and quality requirements are so high that only large corporations can do such trade.

@beppi thanks so much for that directive. I appreciate greatly!

Hi guys name is chinedu Michael ENENDU an Igbo Nigerian . I supply Nigerian cooking items to any part of the world..... Like egusi,ognono,garri . Etc . If you are in need of Nigeria food outside the shores of nija , I'm your sure plug.

Reach out to me directly on [Private contact details removed by moderators - please read the forum rules!]