Moving to Baku.

We are a family of four, 2 kids( ages 12 and 14 yrs) and 2 adults also a cat and a dog. Baku is our possible destination this summer. I had some queries for the expats based in Baku.May I pick your brains for some information-would you say the prices for white goods( electrical kitchen ware) in Baku is high and we should bring in our own?
Are there any independent houses available in town or only apartments, we will be bringing our pets with us, a large dog and cat.
Do the western style stores have most european foodstuff available or can we import some things our selves in our intial move?
What about medical institutes and pharmacy's, do they have everything or close to?
I read on a blog that pet food is difficult to come by, is that true?
Are the cinema's in english/original language or only in the local language? What is there to do for entertainment?
Is it easy to find cleaners/maids? how much would one expect to pay?
Sorry for the large number of Q's but my brain is fizzing trying to plan this move...
Any info would be appreciated. thanks

Hi and welcome on the forum smarty :)

I hope other members will be able to help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Thanks Armand.

Hi
responding to your queries
[Moderated]
Any electrical equipment here is considerably more expensive then in Dubai, but your future house will be equipped with everything basic you need, some other equipment like toaster or electrical can opener can be easily supplied by owner.
There are plenty of supermarkets and shops in Baku and their number increasing rapidly as the city is growing quickly. You can find good quality world brand's food for all members of your family,as well as school and medical services. One of the problems you'll face here is internet service and entertainment infrastructure here is not so developed yet.

As the part of my reply was moderated i'd like to repeat this time without pricing. Independent houses of different size, design, location and price are available for rent. There are a lot of agencies working in that market.

Hey Stanmeyar,
Thank you for your reply. I had read that white goods were expensive... will probably bring most things with us.
good to hear supermarkets are well stocked- wasn't thrilled at the thought of filling container with food.
Thanks again for all your information.
regards

Prices for some equipment you can see at [Moderated] and compare with Dubai
unfortunately online shops are not developed here so that is only link i can advice.