Permanent Resident Question

Hi.  I got my Permanent Residence (Brasilian Green Card) in the Fall of 2014 & left Nov 2014, but did so on my still valid Tourist Visa (good until 2023, I believe).  I did not have any recollection of limits on the time which you could be out of Brasil, but apparently (from seeing other posts on this forum) one must travel into or out of Brasil every 2 years.

So:
1) Did I mess up by leaving on my Tourist Visa?

2) Is there actually a 2 year time limit?
   a) Since my Green Card did not get used to leave Brasil, it has never started any 'time clock'.
       If I (or should I say, the green Card) am theoretically still in Brasil, have I theoretically
       overstayed my Permanent Residence?
   b) If I have overstayed, what is the consequence?  A fine?  Cancellation of Green Card? etc?

3) When I return to Brasil, should I just return on my Tourist Visa (before its expiration date of 2023)?
  a) Then, while in Brasil, deal with any possible Green Card overstay.

Anyway, to complicate matters (maybe, maybe not?) further, I jsut got divorced from my Brasilian Wife...does that have any bearing on my Permanent Residence....or maybe we just hold off on that for a separate Post.

Uggghh, Ajuda-me!

Wow - a lot to unpack here.

First, are you sure that the only visa you have is a tourist visa, which probably would have been marked "VITUR" at the time?  When your permanent residency was approved, that should have been canceled and replaced with a permanent visa, marked VIPER.

If the Federal Police let you leave the country without any questions, then no, you didn't screw up, whatever valid visa you had.  But the visa type will make a difference on your return.